•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I'm hoping for a "Newton-Dunne effect".

In which a replacement editor tries so hard to improve on his predecessor's work, but lacks the natural talent, that he comes across as a batshit moon-howler.
Zuriblue liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:24 pm
What does Dacre's new job entail?
Boiler wrote: ↑
He's now chairman and editor-in-chief of Associated Newspapers. That surely means he can make all the titles follow his direction.

Be careful what you wish for.

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:24 pm
What does Dacre's new job entail?
Strangling kittens with his bare hands
Drowning sackfuls of puppies every morning
Pulling the legs off spiders for no apparent reason
Frying ants with a magnifying glass

Y'know, the usual stuff he gets up to anyway.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I'm struggling to be as happy about this news as I thought I would be. I guess I thought when he stepped down he'd step down fully and just fuck off to his Scottish estate and never been heard from again. Perhaps even have a fall or get attacked by a wild boar or something. Unfortunately I feel like he's still going to rule with an iron grip, perhaps even further reaching than before. The slightest hint of liberalism or softening by the new editor resulting in a expletive laden phone call from Dacre.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Paul Dacre retires from Daily Mail to spend more time on his racism
“Making elected officials dance to our tune, stalking z-listers on holiday, making fetishistic weapons fact sheets whenever the SAS do something and helping Richard Littlejohn bury dead rent boys. It makes for a busy day, I can tell you. ”

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Only a tiny bit galling to suddenly have Rothermere and the rest of the press suddenly admit that, hey, Dacre has been calling the political shots for years.

'What a marvellous editor; all governments had to toe his line!... but yes, of course, we only reflect opinion, and news moves so fast, don't worry about misrepresentations, falsehoods, unjust crusades, it's all ephemeral...'

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts

Well, I don't think much of the source. Surprising if true. Very surprising. Would the Mail suddenly go Remain or will he just have to grit his teeth and carry on the hard Brexit line? Also, I thought Dacre despises him? I'd have thought Dacre would have had some sort of say or veto, which Rothermere probably thinks he's earned. I think I'll wait for a better source.

Seems it has been confirmed. Well, this could get very weird. Apparently Rothermeres wife wants him to make the Mail less toxic so maybe She Who Must Be Obeyed has had a word!
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Indeed. If the shit fits, wear it - as I believe S[…]

David Liddington?

Men in suits. French doors. Glass of whisky an[…]

This could only get better if a small-person clow[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

First Lady MacBeth. FTFY - as I believe you tech[…]