•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Big Rob
I thought the Union Jack would be a more offensive flag to Scots, Welsh and Irish republicans on St George's.

I hear they are having a knees up in Bulgaria, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Hungary (tomorrow), Lebanon, Jordan and Georgia (where it is celebrated twice a year).

Multicultural patron saint.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:Yeh the Scots and Irish are allowed to celebrate their day!

Although I doubt if there is a shortage of Irish toecurling at Leprachaum hats or Scots hiding their faces at the White Heather Club. Likewise shitty cardboard dragons and Beefeaters are not really my cup of tea (as we say in England).

Just posted some St George's Day nonsense on the Cameron thread in which the best our esteemed PM can come up to celebrate English achievement is to bang on about pasties and Man Utd.
That'd be the Pasties that got royally fucked in the Omnishambles budget.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:I thought the Union Jack would be a more offensive flag to Scots, Welsh and Irish republicans on St George's.

I hear they are having a knees up in Bulgaria, Portugal, the Czech Republic, Hungary (tomorrow), Lebanon, Jordan and Georgia (where it is celebrated twice a year).

Multicultural patron saint.
Then .... there was trouble.

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
moonkatt wrote:
Since leaving the forces over a decade ago now (this makes me feel old), the only time I've been aware of something going on in the city was the time riot police had to separate the Brum city supporters from another group (might have been the baggies) having a massive fight in town. I know some places put stuff on, but it's the sheer aggression coming from people about it all that you HAVE to celebrate it because they make a massive things about St Patrick's day and that's for the IRISH and you should be out getting pissed to show how OH SO FUCKING PROUD you are of being English. Just comes across as pathetic to me now.
Presumably the same city centre I was walking through one St George's Day and had to avoid the groups of belligerent youth everywhere, while four pubs to my knowledge closed during the afternoon.
By croissantfever
Membership Days
The radio yesterday morning, here in Bergen, referred to St. Georges day as the national day of Britain, which confused me for a couple of minutes. To be fair, it was probably to make up for the fact that Norwegians habitually refer to everyone from Britain as English. I've given up explaining the difference and just why I prefer to refer to myself as British and just embraced it now.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Forklift driver SACKED for wearing an England flag hat on St George’s Day because it wasn’t part of his work uniform

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2zuzmCKOy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
We ought to have a thread for 'Daily Mail supports twat/Christian/homophobe/EDL thug who does something they know will get them fired/fined/censured in order to shout their mouths off in public pretending they've been hard done by so that the braindead readers can froth at the mouth and exhibit borderline racist/homophobic/intolerant tendencies'.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:We ought to have a thread for 'Daily Mail supports twat/Christian/homophobe/EDL thug who does something they know will get them fired/fined/censured in order to shout their mouths off in public pretending they've been hard done by so that the braindead readers can froth at the mouth and exhibit borderline racist/homophobic/intolerant tendencies'.
Well,that's easy for you to say......

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
He was a temp agency worker.
He had already handed his notice in.
They told him not to come back, so he wasn't sacked at all...
“I’d handed my notice in on Tuesday, as I have a new job, and I think with all the redundancies going on at the minute this was just an excuse to get rid of me a few days early. I have three children to provide for so I’m pretty annoyed but I’m glad that I have a job to move on to.”
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news ... f_meeting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gobshite.
Meanwhile in New Zealand

Gamergate seems more and more to have been a highl[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The Gammonball Run forgot to check if Middlesborou[…]

Jon Worth's having a go at decoding https://twitt[…]

Paul Thomas Redux

No. The Duke killed William's mum. Please keep u[…]