•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Fozzy
Membership Days Posts
All due credit to the Mail for this one -
DAILY MAIL COMMENT: The Mail's always been robust on migration. But we MUST give these lost children sanctuary
The readers' brains, as you would expect, are exploding. Apart from this CotD candidate:
JennyJump, Bradford, Wallis And Futuna, 3 hours ago
Those children should be quietly taken into UK with no records, then their organs harvested for transplants for all the sick children here in the UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z4785L1f1X" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
As I said in the other thread, the only conceivable reason I can think of for them doing this is to soften their toxic image a bit to try and retain their power over the public.

I simply cannot believe that this is an article of genuine compassion. I've seen too much utter unpleasant, mean spiritedness and outright nastiness from the Mail to believe that.

I know you should applaud your enemies when they do something genuinely good but I just don't trust that this is 'real'.
Last edited by Safe_Timber_Man on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The idea of softening your image is a fine one, but you'd think in that scenario they'd moderate the comments. Otherwise you're just undoing all the "good work" you've tried to do above the line. That comment as quoted above doesn't reflect well on the Mail even with the attempt at a cuddly editorial.

Unless they're deliberately trying to flush out some of the more disgusting elements and get shot of them at the same time?

By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Fozzy wrote:
The readers' brains, as you would expect, are exploding. Apart from this CotD candidate:
JennyJump, Bradford, Wallis And Futuna, 3 hours ago
Those children should be quietly taken into UK with no records, then their organs harvested for transplants for all the sick children here in the UK
What utterly sick bastard writes something like that? "Cunt of the day" is too soft.
Last edited by mattomac on Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Posts
To be fair, that comment is a leap above the others in terms of cuntery, although I recall seeing one that said we didn't want these children because they're dirty and disgusting. Out of around 1400 comments at most 100 agree with the sentiments of the article, and the vast majority are adamant that they simply do not care that children will suffer and die.
Last edited by Fozzy on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Liberation's take on the matter:
http://www.liberation.fr/planete/2016/0 ... es_1449292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rough translation:
Migrant children: The Guilty Blindness of British MPs

Accommodate 3000 children left to themselves on the roads of Europe? When some of them have relatives settled in England?
A priori, the bill of MP Lord Alf Dubs seemed to stand up for the minimum humanitarian service in times of migration crisis.

Considered by the House of Commons in London, this proposal was, however, rejected on Monday by the vote of a majority of Conservative MPs. Who have made the excuse that such a gesture would have offered "incentives" and "a bad example" encouraging unaccompanied minors to leave their country. "A national disgrace" according to indignant Labour MPs and the British humanitarian.

But it is also the sign of a guilty blindness. Does anyone really deny that these children will be sufficient to "discourage" an Aleppo teenager fleeing the bombs? And above all, do you really think that just not welcoming them, and then closing our eyes will solve the obvious problem of the moment: the actual presence of these children on the roads of Europe, or in the camps in Calais or Greece?

In January, UNICEF had already mentioned the alarming figure of 10 000 minors which might have been lost track of since their arrival on European soil. Are they falling prey to traffickers? Have they simply slid early into the underground? Nobody knows. The decision of British MPs recalled "the dark days of the 30s," lamented his side the British newspaper The Guardian, Tuesday which evoked the ghost of the Evian Conference in 1938, when European countries invited to decide to host of Eastern European Jewish refugees, had departed ... without deciding anything. It is perhaps no coincidence that the proposer of the rejected motion on the reception of 3000 children, Lord Alf Dubs, is himself the product of this story: a child who arrived in London (with his parents ) fleeing Czechoslovakia on the eve of World War II.

But the lessons of the past seem forgotten. In Austria, where the extreme right are favourites for the second round of presidential elections on 22 May, a new concept was invented: that of "migration emergency state", adopted on Wednesday by MEPs by a large majority. A principle that will block all border migrants without possibility of asylum if "the security of the state is threatened" and after a vote in Parliament, for a renewable period of six months for two years. Migrants are now openly considered a "threat" that can justify a massive rejection and without distinction. As well, asylum itself was restricted in scope: it will only be granted for three years, after which the lucky recipient will again be sent home.

This week, the Secretary General of the UN Ban Ki-Moon has even worried about this escalation of anti-migrant measures in Europe. A bidding war started by the closure of the Balkan route and the agreement of 18 March with Turkey, which has certainly limited arrivals of migrants by sea, but not stopped, the price of a guilty silence on abuses of a careless country of human rights.

Disgusted by so much cynicism, thrown into despair by the plight of children in impoverished camps of northern Greece, a volunteer noted this week on his blog: "If we treat people like dogs, they will turn one day into wolves."
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:As I said in the other thread, the only conceivable reason I can think of for them doing this is to soften their toxic image a bit to try and retain their power over the public.

I simply cannot believe that this is an article of genuine compassion. I've seen too much utter unpleasant, mean spiritedness and outright nastiness from the Mail to believe that.

I know you should applaud your enemies when they do something genuinely good but I just don't trust that this is 'real'.
This is a newspaper where the reaction to the horrific Katie Hopkins piece in the sun was.. 'Get her hired!'

They don't believe this themselves.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
The dog-whistle has been abandoned in favour of the hunting horns on this one.

'You mustn't touch me, you mustn't touch me': New footage of Cologne New Year sex attacks shows screaming woman as overwhelmed police struggle to control crowds of migrant men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... t-men.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Du darfst mich nicht anfassen", is exactly what you would say to a police officer manhandling you in a situation which is so tight that retreat or any other course of action is not possible. When die Bullen are acting unreasonably, as they do, using the Du form is pretty much common-place. It is disrespectful and a very mild, "fuck you, pig!" but they can't touch you for it. The lynch mob, not surprisingly, is ascribing these words to women suffering serious sexual assault.

Ask yourself, would anyone really say, 'You mustn't touch me, you mustn't touch me', if someone was forcing his hands in to their underwear?
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
I think part of it is that as cuntish as the Mail undoubtedly is, even it would balk at the idea of condemning children to death or people traffickers. However, they build a rod for their own back as they deliberately inject the readers with so much hate and poison, that even when they do develop a conscience about something, they fail to realize that the Mailites have moved far beyond this. They live in a world of twisted paranoia, bitterness, hatred and being only dimly able to recognise it in themselves, they live in permanent fear that someone Exactly Like Them might actually have the opportunity to be happy.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Daily Mail sides with Neo Nazi's.

No actual quotes from the police saying the migrants started it. I do question whether 100 far right neo nazis on the streets at night were perfectly peaceful and acted in self defence. Pelting an ambulance with a migrant in it doesn't sound like self defence to me.

Mob of 100 neo-Nazis in vicious street fight with migrants as German riot police are pelted with bottles by the asylum seekers they were protecting
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cting.html

Refugees and neo-Nazis battled it out on the streets of an east German town on Wednesday night with police fighting to save the migrants outnumbered five to one.

But police said the asylum seekers started the confrontation - and later hurled bottles at the police trying to save them from a beating.

Around 100 far-right men and women attacked some 20 asylum seekers in the town of Bautzen after the migrants taunted them.

Police said the neo-Nazis were goaded before they began chanting 'Bautzen for the Germans' and bottles and fists began flying.

Police charged the groups with truncheons drawn and used pepper spray on both sides.

The violence ended when the young asylum seekers withdrew to their home in the town's Dresdner Strasse with the mob pursuing them all the way.

Police stood guard at the premises all night in case of further attacks. One Moroccan youth, aged 18, required hospital treatment for a wound caused by bottle which hit him in the face.

The ambulance which was taking him away had to turn around and find another route after it was pelted with bricks and stones by the right-wingers.

Police said one local person was also seriously hurt in the disturbances.

Bautzen, scene of a notorious secret police prison in the days when East Germany was a communist state, has witnessed frequent anti-immigrant violence.

In February a hotel planned to become an asylum centre was torched with onlookers cheering and clapping.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Progress: after Corbyn's speech this morning, it[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

BREXIT BOMBSHELL: Terrified EU to be forced in[…]

The Sun

"It's terrible seeing foreign rich people try[…]

Nigel Farage

Farage can't drive in case his wheel nuts are tamp[…]