Discussion of the more serious side of the Mail's agenda
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I've taken to commenting using one of my Facebook alter egos on the Mail Facebook stories in the hope of snaring a few, thought I'd document some of them. This particular example comes from a comment on a story about Prince Harry's girlfriend, mine first...
Still ignoring the wishes of the Royals and hounding this girl are you?
Like · Reply · 23 November at 21:50
Susan McKenzie

As Prince Harry is in receipt of public funds and is a public representative of the UK, what he does is a subject for legitimate public scrutiny, comment and reaction.
If Prince Harry wants to be a public representative, be in receipt of public funds and be seen at royal palaces (partly funded by public funds directly or indirectly), then he needs to be concerned about the public who fund him as Meghan Markle is someone who makes public statements both through pictures and words.
Meghan Markle’s statements/actions shown in pictures are controversial/publicity seeking, and it is a cardinal principle of the British constitution and constitutional monarchy for royals to be above politics and controversy.
Plus, in 2016 the British public spoke in a referendum and one of the reasons for the result was concern about immigrants – Meghan Markle would be an immigrant if she came to live in the UK, so if Prince Harry wants to marry her – please have the sensitivity and courage to settle outside the UK.
Like · Reply · 24 November at 23:47
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It used to be about immigration right until someone got their head kicked in. Then it became all about taking back control, unelected bureaucrats, parliamentary sovereignty, right until THAT became a bit awkward, then it was back to immigration again. In actual fact it's about a few movers and shakers with very unpleasant agendas grabbing power, and using SEVENTEEN MILLION BIGGEST VOTE EVAH as their mandate for whatever they like, and an easily activated keyboard army as their shock troops, ready to direct their ire at whoever's in line for a kicking today.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:It used to be about immigration right until someone got their head kicked in. Then it became all about taking back control, unelected bureaucrats, parliamentary sovereignty, right until THAT became a bit awkward, then it was back to immigration again. In actual fact it's about a few movers and shakers with very unpleasant agendas grabbing power, and using SEVENTEEN MILLION BIGGEST VOTE EVAH as their mandate for whatever they like, and an easily activated keyboard army as their shock troops, ready to direct their ire at whoever's in line for a kicking today.
+1
The Independent Group for Change

Corbyn is no threat. The reason Labour show a &lsq[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Fuck me. So Corbyn’s bigot’s lunch clu[…]

Well: this'll go down well with the Gammon... &q[…]

Emma Lewell-Buck seems to be a No Deal supporter t[…]