•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:See his point about Stephen Crabb his sexting scandal passed me by completely. When is just one of these Brexit blabbermouth pundits just say: I'm still a Leaver but I was very wrong about the simplicity of Brexit and the advantages it will bring in the light of new evidence. Perhaps its a cultural misunderstanding on my part.
Over the weekend, professional Establishment stooge Howard Davies — formerly of the Europhile CBI and the man who brought you Gordon Brown’s disastrous banking reforms — was wheeled out everywhere, warning that tens of thousands of jobs in the City were about to migrate to Europe.
No, they’re not.

That's alright then. The finance sector must be buying up property and securing rental accommodation in Frankfurt and Dublin for fun.
Talking to a Dublin based mate today. Part built office blocks stalled since 2008 have recently sprung into life again. Probably nothing...

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Brexit did put in a late appearance int he German election from a woman in Frankfurt blaming it for property prices rising.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Right-on crusade that makes mugs of us all: RICHARD LITTLEJOHN wonders why we continue to take notice of those who are offended by everything

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... gs-us.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ritchie defends the Loughborough market stall holder (mentioned in the sad face thread):
It's the same kind of mentality which encourages universities to appease snowflake students who believe they have the right to tear down statues and exclude any point of view which upsets their sensibilities.

Public bodies — and, increasingly, public companies, too — live in fear of causing offence, real or imagined. They allow themselves to be bullied by single-issue lunatics. History is rewritten, or erased entirely, in pursuit of political purity to comply with contemporary pieties.

We've come to expect this kind of sanctimonious censorship in the political sphere and on the more deranged shores of academia. But these days nowhere is safe, not even the marketplaces of Middle England.

How the hell did we end up with a stallholder being put out of business on the say-so of an interfering, brain-dead bigot who objects to coffee mugs bearing the insignia of an ancient chivalrous order, which was officially disbanded seven centuries ago?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Ministers are reported to be asking the airline industry for a £250 per head contribution towards the cost of repatriating 100,000 stranded Monarch passengers.

One suggestion is that 50p is added to the price of all fares on flights from the UK to pay the £60 million bill for bringing home those left high and dry by the airline’s collapse. Doesn’t sound much, does it? Who’s going to miss

He might be right but I thought travel companies had to be insured by law against these eventualities.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
How the hell did we end up with a stallholder being put out of business on the say-so of an interfering, brain-dead bigot who objects to coffee mugs bearing the insignia of an ancient chivalrous order, which was officially disbanded seven centuries ago?

Because she wasn't just selling stuff "bearing the insignia of an ancient chivalrous order". She was selling Nazi and fascist shit and had already been told by the council which she chose to intentionally ignore. I would say "as he well knows", but with Littlejohn I highly doubt he did bother to look into the story further than what the Mail told him.

A reminder of the other shit she'd been previously selling:

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
British police have nothing better to do than investigate allegations from publicity-seeking tarts now they've finished investigating dead PMs
OK, so four of Weinstein's alleged assaults are said to have taken place on British soil. But the chances of him ever being brought here to stand trial are less than zero.
He is an American citizen, living in America, facing accusations of sexual harassment and worse from just about every actress you've ever heard of — and plenty you haven't. They include a woman who appeared in Smurfs 2. Where are they all coming from? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... wrong.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
Dopey birds, eh? Slap and tickle, that's all it was, girls knew it was part of the game if they wanted to get on. And blokes, I had to bend over when that nice Mr Dacre...

By Arnold
Membership Days Posts
If you have lost the will to live, please press 3... RICHARD LITTLEJOHN on the frustrations of calling a telephone hotline
Can he work Brexit and a classic TV programme into his rant you ask? Does the Pope shit in the Vatican?
We are pleased to offer you a choice of Muzak. For Vivaldi, press 1. For Adele, press 2. If you voted Remain and would like to hear Beethoven's Ode To Joy, press 3.
Hello.
All our prisoners are busy defrauding other callers. You are being held in a queue. For Norman Stanley Fletcher, press 1. For Genial Harry Grout, press 2. For Lukewarm, press 3.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z4w2bROvuF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Not like there are more pressing matters for a 'newspaper' columnist to sink his teeth into, is it?

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
It's an old filler routine, just like Chad bloody Hanging or his comedy cavalcade. Phone lines have been in the news, dust it off.
By davidjay
Membership Days Posts
A provincial freesheet editor would spike that. Littlejohn gets paid how much?

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:A provincial freesheet editor would spike that. Littlejohn gets paid how much?

My guess is much less than he once did.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Posts
Wouldn't be so sure. He provokes a reaction, as this thread demonstrates. And Yes, he has fans. That cunt Chris Evans for one (that's the radio irritant, not the Captain America actor).
The Mail's Front Page Headline

Ah, I dunno that it's even that limited. I've neve[…]

Momentum

I will now lay my cards on the table and tell you […]

Would appreciate any Twitterers getting this out, […]

Nigel Farage

It's a hard time of year for anyone to find a spar[…]