•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Biggus Robbus
Sorry for the confusion. I can live with being an intellectual weakling. I don't like being muted when I make valid points.

He thinks he is some sort of intellectual genius. He cannot figure out populism. I think when Michigan legalized weed that our twitter relationship really went downhill tho..
By Chris S
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
On Extinction Rebellion:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DMReporter/s ... 20/photo/2

Hitchens' talk of 'debate' is quite telling. He's not a scientific expert and either doesn't understand or doesn't want to understand many scientific topics he writes about (see MMR, evolution, addiction). When people rightly tell him he's full of shit whichever way you look at it, he will respond 'aha, you are a furious zealot who will not debate me, therefore I am right'.

By Oblomov
I think I'm repeating a point somebody already made on this forum but what exactly is the downside if XR are ultimately incorrect in the long run? You would have thought a Conservative would appreciate efforts to protect England's green and pleasant lands.

By Catkins
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
A Mail journo, Oz Katerji, was apparently publicly sacked in the middle of the news room yesterday, for earlier tweets pointing out that Hitchens was an Assad apologist and war crimes denier.

He's not going quietly. :lol:

Cyclist liked this

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts LikeBB
Biggus Robbus wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:58 pm
Hitchens claims that BJ is the new Blair.

For someone who claims marijuana sends you mad he must be hitting that bong pipe a bit too hard.
He might have a point, just maybe not the one he thinks he has.

Mind you, Blair didn't get elected on a promise of causing a massive recession.

By Biggus Robbus
MisterMuncher wrote: He might have a point, just maybe not the one he thinks he has.
I am kinda interested to know what point that is. I really cannot see it.
MisterMuncher wrote: Mind you, Blair didn't get elected on a promise of causing a massive recession.
Ha..... Yeah... Well Brexiters do not see it that way. Denial and projection keeps their delusion in place.

Hitchens, with his Norway option, is the most sane eurosceptic. That tells you how bad the rest are.

Maybe all hard Brexiters are marijuana users?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts LikeBB
PETER HITCHENS: Is shutting down Britain - with unprecedented curbs on ancient liberties - REALLY the best answer? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... nswer.html
Why can’t we be more dutiful like the old days putting country before self? is Hitchens’ USB. The first opportunity to practice what he preaches he folds into libertarian contrarianism.
Peter hangs the article on an anecdote about a crap GP he once saw so therefore we need to question the wisdom of these clever dick so-called experts.
At first, Mr Johnson was true to himself and resisted wild demands to close down the country. But bit by bit he gave in.
Catkins, WTF? liked this

By The Red Arrow
It's a sad reflection of where we're at when self-important contrarians put saying something controversial to get talked about before the well-being of the nation they claim to love, and tawdry organisations that long ago lost the right to be referred to as a 'newspaper' promulgate their thoughtless bile to chase a tax-avoided profit. Tax, which I'll remind you, could have been spent on the staff, equipment and facilities these very charlatans now bemoan the lack of. Be careful of what you profess to wish for, Pete.
Oblomov, Watchman liked this

By Andy McDandy
As Aaron Eckhart says in the film "Thankyou for Smoking" (where my signature quote comes from, if you're reading this in long form), you can dress up any old crap in freedom and liberty.
Oblomov liked this

By The Red Arrow
Pete's currently trending on twittythingy and getting the adulation he deserves - i.e very little indeed. I'm thinking he won't care, he's done his bit for his tax-avoiding whoremaster's advertising revenue and been paid for it.
Sir Keir Starmer

It's not just you. Compared to how he normally is […]

Dominic Cummings

I'm surprised at the Sun attempting to flog this d[…]

The Mail's Front Page Headline

The editorial isn't holding back, either: Domini[…]

Roll Call

Thursday other half had symptoms. Friday took her […]