Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By aljardi
Membership Days Membership Days
This is the reason this country is in the state that it is.
Because of feminism... This woman is an idiot, can she not realise it is people like her have broke-up the family unit . children have no respect for their famillies or other people, and girls are the worst these days for violence.

Now can we please remove this lot freaks with their so-called ideology NOW and give this country back to the people of this land.
- Lydia, manchester uk, 5/8/2009 9:15
By "the people of this land" who do you mean Lydia? The BNP? Or are you saying we should not have a government and have a free-for-all instead?

What is a "lot freak"?
By Mr Mordon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Holy Christ! :shock:

I've seen some shit from slack over the years, but that is just dispicable :evil:

Bobs been marked down
Surely, any initiative that helps reduce violence against women is a good thing, innit ?
- bob roberts, worcester, uk, 5/8/2009 5:49
Click to rate Rating 74Report abuse
SEVENTYFOUR absolute NANFISTERS!

Sorry to keep re-editing, just trying to highest the ears of wheat in amongst the cunts of weeds.
How on earth is this a bad thing? Yes men are more likely to be victims of violent crime.. from other men! Anything that teaches that violent behaviour is wrong (especially in a relationship against your partner) to children is a good thing. By the time they are teenagers it's just too late. Look at the mess teens are in now!
- Callie, London, 5/8/2009 3:47
Click to rate Rating 89Report abuse
Slight bash at teenages, still 89 in the red though
It beggars belief that ministers are saying that there is no need to teach children about domestic violence - because it ought to be taught at home!

IT ALREADY IS taught at home - in the form of violence. Duh!
If it's openly taught in schools kids will feel more able to ask for help, and other kids will know more how to support their mates.

As for all the confusing points made in the article about aggressive young women, and how vulnerable young males are to violence, NONE of that affects the single stark fact that 80% of violence in the home is targeted on women.

80% is a HUGE majority.
Also women are dying every week. Children are being traumatised for life by witnessing this violence, or sharing in it as victims.

Go on. Make fun of feminism.
It's a cheap laugh as all those women and children suffer, as well as a minority of men.
- Shan Morgain, UK, 5/8/2009 2:59
Click to rate Rating 78
nice one
I don't know how the daily mail gets away with the whole scary sexism thing.

Teenage girls are the violent ones? When 1 in 4 get beaten/ raped?

I'd give you a lesson about how it'd be fitting if you stopped trying to be cool, aggressive and retrosexist - and looked at the fact girls and women are being seriously abused. In their homes as well as their culture. We really can't escape the constant sexism and as one of our national popular newspapers you're living proof of it.

Give us a break and stop hurting half the nation who happen to be females. It does nothing for your readership.
- Jessica, Birmingham, UK, 5/8/2009 1:24
ditto
How is teaching children not to have abusive relationships 'feminist'?
They're not giving them 'lessons in wife beating', they are teaching them never to get into that situation. Just like teaching kids not to bully each other.
Shame on you for denigrating anything that could prevent domestic abuse!
- Bonnie, Stirling, UK, 5/8/2009 1:18
Click to rate Rating 87Report abuse
and again

Back to some cunts:
In some cultures it is very acceptable and even expected for men to beat their wives. I would imagine there are thousands of school children who come from those immigrant families and I think it is a good thing to be teaching these children that this kind of treatment of wives is absolutely unacceptable in THIS culture. If they won't learn it at home, they have to be taught it somewhere.
- anita, Oxford, UK, 5/8/2009 7:46
Click to rate Rating 71Report abuse
If all else fails, BLAIM IMMIGRANTS!!
(at least its been marked down, weird :? )

I need a lie down
Last edited by Mr Mordon on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Killer Whale
This is the reason this country is in the state that it is.
Because of feminism... This woman is an idiot, can she not realise it is people like her have broke-up the family unit . children have no respect for their famillies or other people, and girls are the worst these days for violence.

Now can we please remove this lot freaks with their so-called ideology NOW and give this country back to the people of this land.

- Lydia, manchester uk, 05/8/2009 09:20
The wonder of the internet is that we can all now have a voice. The tragedy is that most of us don't deserve it.
By dog_on_a_log
I deliberately didn't read this piece this morning as I knew it would boil my brain! Skimming the comments, however, this arsehole stood out
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN??
She is enough to make you want to beat up a woman. HER.
Why does the media give her so much attention?

- Arturo, Loughborough, 5/8/2009 7:03
Click to rate Rating 37
In the green obviously

I've tried to report this as abuse as it directly condones the beating of women but the site chucks a wobbly when I type in the security code. Is this something to do with the new comments registering system thingy?

By jonnyhead
Margaret Morrissey, of family lobby group ParentsOutloud, said that PSHE classes were in danger of being 'hijacked by pressure groups'.

She added: 'I do not really want my youngster to be indoctrinated with these things.

'There will always be those who want to cram our school curriculum with social issues that need to be taught by parents and society.'
It's all very well saying parents should teach their kids not to beat their wives, but what about the kids whose parents do beat each other up? They're the most likely to grow up considering it normal, and their parents probably aren't going to teach them it's wrong.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... e-law.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In a nutshell: let's make it legal for people to beat anyone they like, as hard as they like, and protect them by law as long as the person dishing out the punishment is nominally the "victim".

Munir Hussain was obviously put through a terrible ordeal, but for fucks sake, he beat the guy until he had brain damage and recruited his brother to give him a hand. How is that ever "reasonable force"? Slacky clearly wants a green light for any level of punishment to be administered to make sure this becomes more common - and if it was, I'm sure he'd be the first to applaud someone stabbing a "feral teenager" to death because he'd sat on someone's garden wall, or kicked a shoplifter until he passed out because he nicked an apple, or even whipped their own kids for smoking a joint in the house, because that's what the Mailites actually want: free reign to be Victorian-style bullies.

Also, is it me or is the article incredibly short? If he gets paid the same rate for an article regardless of length, he'll have had a stonking word rate for that one!

By Killer Whale
That's just rabble-rousing mentalism. Transparently.

Let's just put yesterday's and today's front page stories together.

Yesterday they were scaring their readership with an horrific, seemingly random, attack on a vulnerable young woman. Today they're promoting the idea that it's OK to cave someone's head in in self defence, even if they've already been subdued. You can see where all this is leading, can't you?

How long would it take for a scared populace, emboldened by new rights of 'self defence' to start taking out innocent people?

How long before some pensioner decides that the person knocking on his door is not there to enquire why he hasn't been down the corner shop to collect his Daily Mail for a couple of days, and shoots him through the letter box with the pistol he smuggled out of the army when his National Service was over?

Or how long before we get an arms race where burglars, knowing that householders are going to be tooled up and ready for an 'off', decide that petty housebreaking is only now possible if you're carrying a sawn-off?

Slacky knows this. Of course he does. That's what makes him the worst kind of scumbag.
By Paul
This thing about people dishing out their own justice. Who sorts it out if a mistake is made when a victim crushes the wrong persons skull through mistaken identity. Perhaps a panel of tabloid readers will be given new powers.

Anne, West Midlands 5

By LuciusAR
The hero worship that is being given to Munir Hussain is just downright disturbing.

On the whole I think it was right to release him from Jail, as I don't think he represents a threat to the public in general, but his behaviour was still unacceptable and placing this guy on a pedestal sets a precedent that’s just plain dangerous.
By Fflaps
What the media and the readers seem to be forgetting is that he didn't beat this guy up while he was in his own home - he chased him down the street and called a bunch of his friends/relatives to come and help. I understand he would have been furious and seeing the red mist and I understand he would want to serve the guy out but I'm pretty sure that beating up a fleeing intruder (in fact, beating him half to death with a cricket bat) isn't within the admittedly somewhat hazy definition of 'reasonable force'.

By jonnyhead
LuciusAR wrote:The hero worship that is being given to Munir Hussain is just downright disturbing.

On the whole I think it was right to release him from Jail, as I don't think he represents a threat to the public in general, but his behaviour was still unacceptable and placing this guy on a pedestal sets a precedent that’s just plain dangerous.
The weird thing is, he was released under existing laws, but Mail readers want the law to go even further in terms of leniency, many to the point where people like Hussain don't go on trial at all. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the reasonable force law, these cases are very rare and they only get to court when they're serious enough that a jury of normal invidivuals is likely to convict. He got a much lower sentence because of the mitigating circumstances of the initial threat to his family anyway, and now it's been reduced further.
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
A bit late, but this is a prime example of the quality of his journalism:

Drive your ambulance too fast and you're fired: The NHS diktat for paramedics who go just 10mph above speed limit
Ambulance drivers face the sack if they ignore a 'ludicrous' diktat that they must not drive too fast to emergencies.
No they don't, but they might rightly get the sack if they drove dangerously - i.e., too fast for the conditions.
NHS bureaucrats have decided that paramedics who go as little as 10mph above the speed limit should face formal disciplinary action.
No they haven't.
Roger Goss, co-director of Patient Concern, said the orders put lives at risk at a time when the NHS is struggling to cope because of the bad weather.

He said: 'I would have thought you employed ambulance staff who you trusted to drive safely without some diktat from HQ.'
'I would have thought'? Perhaps knowing either way might be an idea.
Ambulance drivers say they should be trusted to use their discretion about how fast they can safely travel.
Which ambulance drivers? No evidence that anyone has been asked.
Among the trusts which impose speed limits is South Central Ambulance Service, covering Kent through to East Sussex.
It covers neither Kent nor East Sussex. It covers Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hampshire, and Berkshire.
It has a sliding scale of how fast its drivers may go, so in a 20mph limit drivers should not go at more than 30mph, at 30mph they should not do more than 45mph and at 40mph the limit is 60mph.

On motorways, where the national speed limit is 70mph, drivers should stay below 105mph.
As in the highway code, the difference between 'should' and 'must' is significant.
Drivers are advised not to go more than 20mph above the limit by South East Coast Ambulance Service, which covers Berkshire, Buckinghamshire-Hampshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, and Southampton.
No, those areas' are covered by South Central Ambulance Service. Interesting jumble of towns and counties there, and a random hyphen. 'Buckinghamshire-Hampshire'?

I wonder who would be among the first to stick the boot in if someone was killed by a speeding ambulance tomorrow... :?:

In short, a pointless waste of pixels, ink and paper...
Christ, the DM must really be worried - they've unleashed the Slackmeister and his secret weapon, the "Photo posed by models"!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... victs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

20 comments so far. Many of which gratifyingly pointing out what a complete load of bullshit it is.
Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/MoS_Politics/status/1172977063[…]

The LibDems, generally

Interesting. Never take Twitter at face value woul[…]

David Cameron

Hamface has known Johnson and Gove for long enou[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Oh, I can sense the foam around the mouths of news[…]