•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:That level of knowledge is just too "experty" for these "don't ring true" times.
These phrases are possibly/hopefully/ffs-please-sweet-jesus a high-water mark for these jesters. Gove has already been ridiculed in parliament and, whatever Young says can now be countered with his own foolishness.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Bones McCoy wrote:That level of knowledge is just too "experty" for these "don't ring true" times.
These phrases are possibly/hopefully/ffs-please-sweet-jesus a high-water mark for these jesters. Gove has already been ridiculed in parliament and, whatever Young says can now be countered with his own foolishness.
Perhaps I'm just too "Glass half full" about the whole thing.
The time since the last election has seen the government and fellow travellers riding roughshod over any form of decency.
Witness: Toby Young getting a top education job, blocking any Orgreave investigation and the Sun's new bullishness about being able to do whatever it wants.

I have a vision of a room in Conservative HQ - the door marked "Top men only".
Inside is Sir Keith Joseph's brain in a vat of blue fluid.
Around are a set of the worst wingnuts you can imagine, dressed in robes, heads bowed.
The electronic voice crackles into life.

"You have done well, exceedingly well, now plan the final seizure of power. Your move - checkmate in three".
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
More lazy journalism from Glenda
Royal Watch
Having had a few cute family snaps published of Prince George and his little sister Charlotte, the Duchess of Cambridge has been given a lifetime honorary membership of the Royal Photographic Society. Honestly, do these Royals never look at themselves in the mirror?
Kate began publishing her ‘work’ — pictures of a few balloons and cupcakes — on her parents’ Party Pieces website, yet she is now in the exalted company of the great Annie Leibovitz and David Bailey.
If she wants to keep us on side, she should ditch the amateur photography and stick to the day job — oh, I forgot, she hasn’t got one.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z4V4wpsVx8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I take it from this piece that Platell considers spending a couple of hours a week knocking together her piss poor article to be a proper job!.

Platell also implies that so far she has been on Kate's side. All the articles I've seen Platell write about Kate have been hyper-critical slagging her off for being lazy or for not doing enough for the royal family.
By satnav
More made up crap from a lazy journalist trying to pad out a piss poor column.

Much hand-wringing from the Left as it is revealed the number of people sleeping rough in the UK has risen by 50 per cent. Those of us living in big cities can see it for ourselves.
I spoke to one of three new arrivals begging in the area I live in north London. He said he'd just arrived from Romania.
Why was he here, I asked? He looked at me as though I was stupid and said he could 'earn' more on the streets of London in a month than at his old job in a factory in his home city of Bucharest in a year.
And he's already applied for a council flat and plans to bring his family here. Bring on Brexit.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z4X5jA75TD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

By MisterMuncher
Great fucking English on that fresh off the ferry immigrant.

You almost couldn't make it up. I half expected the traditional ending where the beggar gets on the mystery minibus* and fucks off back to his house.

*A vehicle much spoken of, but never actually witnessed by a person you've met. Like all such things, a friend of friend is the witness. But yes, all the beggars in the town knock off about six and board said bus or, more often, are picked up by some luxury vehicle and taken home. I've spent years asking those telling such tales where the lifting point is, what time it picks up, but to no avail. But it's totally real.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
3 months, and these shitgibbons are ruling the parliaments, the tweets and the airwaves.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
MisterMuncher wrote:Great fucking English on that fresh off the ferry immigrant.

You almost couldn't make it up. I half expected the traditional ending where the beggar gets on the mystery minibus* and fucks off back to his house.

*A vehicle much spoken of, but never actually witnessed by a person you've met. Like all such things, a friend of friend is the witness. But yes, all the beggars in the town knock off about six and board said bus or, more often, are picked up by some luxury vehicle and taken home. I've spent years asking those telling such tales where the lifting point is, what time it picks up, but to no avail. But it's totally real.
It's palpable bollocks isn't it.

Exhibit A:
Why would the "gangmasters" who run beggars (if you guy into that particular fiction), treat them so much better than the gangmasters who supply acricultural workers, or sports direct warehouse staff.

Exhibit B:
As our esteemed Mr Muncher states - nobody has witnessed this, it's always a second or third hand (great story bro') anecdote.
Let's go out on a limb here and examine the story.
Mandy Platell - who has failed to provide content for months - is suddenly beset with beggars, and engages them in conversation.
But why are "the right" objecting?
Doesn't their credo involve cheridee replacing the inefficient state apparatus that enslaves the indolent in perpetual welfare?
"Nobody is forced to give" they chirp when altsplaining how a £900 p.a. Sky subscription is better than a £140 TV license.
Isn't it the same for unshaven Romanians - _they_ wouldn't be pulling in the reputed £1,500 per week if people didn't want to give that much.
It's the price the market will bear, and who of us can argue with the invisible hand.

So perhaps the story is true.
Or maybe it's a worn out columnist making shit up again.
By Andy McDandy
I was in Oxford last week. As you come out of the station the building in front of you is the Margaret Thatcher business school. Outside it are some stone benches. Behind each one were tucked bundles - saturated sleeping bag plus whatever else. The owners presumably off elsewhere begging or trying to make a bit of money.

I see the same things in Liverpool and Manchester - the stashed bundles, the general increase in people sleeping rough. When I was in London last September I was taken aback to see tents outside Kings Cross. And in all cases, the owners being white and speaking with British accents.

By cycloon
Andy McDandy wrote:I was in Oxford last week. As you come out of the station the building in front of you is the Margaret Thatcher business school. Outside it are some stone benches. Behind each one were tucked bundles - saturated sleeping bag plus whatever else. The owners presumably off elsewhere begging or trying to make a bit of money.

I see the same things in Liverpool and Manchester - the stashed bundles, the general increase in people sleeping rough. When I was in London last September I was taken aback to see tents outside Kings Cross. And in all cases, the owners being white and speaking with British accents.
Anecdotally, feel like there has been an increase in homeless in Oxford. It's a bloody expensive city, and see rough sleepers in doorways every single morning. There were always some, and some usual suspects who use the same stories to beg (not life stories, fake 'this just happened to me' stories), I am sorry to say, but it feels like there are more.

It's really sad.
By Andy McDandy
Yes, because you had a safety net and it meant that if your life went to shit there were hostels and places to stay. They weren't very nice but they had walls and a roof. The only problem was you couldn't squeeze a profit out of them so they had to go.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Platell's People: Diana would tell William and Harry 'don't look back in anger'

Great fun, but a role model for women in the 21st century? Its star Gal Gadot has the breasts of Katie Price, the hair of Kate Middleton and the face of Kate Beckinsale.

Splutter. Three words. Sidebar of shame.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z4ivYcp8Cx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Northern Irish thread

Ooof. That's pretty big.

Meanwhile in America

About bloody time this law was challenged properly[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

I grew up pretty close to Moygashel myself. As a l[…]

Labour, Generally.

I'm sure the less well of Brexiters of Great Yarmo[…]