•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cripes! It didn't take her long to lose all her standards and self-respect after taking the Dacre Shilling. Here's a piece that's taken from the Liz Jones Handbook for Writing Shit Columns.

Deadline looming?
1. Think desperately for a recent personal experience that might have some mileage.
2. Ensure it has some controversial element
3. Grossly exaggerate what happened
4. While you're at it make unsubstantiated and ill-informed claims.
5. Submit invoice to The Mail
6. Ignore Jiminy Cricket when he whispers in your ear at 3am in the morning. Instead, think about how you're going to spend the money

What I'm going to say might enrage some of you, but I promise it's written from the heart. There are some subjects that are taboo - and criticising charity fund-raising is one of them.

My enjoyable dinner in an Edinburgh restaurant at the weekend was interrupted by a woman who'd plucked up the courage to leave her slightly inebriated pals to say hello.

She demanded to know whether I would be joining them later on the midnight MoonWalk to raise money for cancer care. When I said no, she became mildly belligerent, but I didn't feel guilty. Quite the reverse. I regularly give money to charities, but I don't feel the need to parade around wearing a wacky T-shirt or do a walk with thousands of others to validate my compassion.
My emphasis but, WTF, how can you be 'mildly belligerent'?

People who support this charity have been quite restrained in their responses, whether this is because they don't have to write deliberately provocative material to earn a few quid or the mods took out any references to JS-P being a right twunt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... arity.html
By amcneil74
Membership Days Membership Days
But sugar-saturated soft drinks rot teeth, and our addiction to them has resulted in a nation of fatties. So why not tax all of them - from Coke, Sprite and Fanta to bottled water? It might reduce the amount of waste to be recycled, and raise millions, too.
Tax water for its teeth rotting and calorie laden properties??

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ately.html
So I was astonished to read in Jan Moir's column last Friday that his death 'strikes another blow to the happy-ever-after myth of civil partnerships', and 'under the carapace of glittering hedonistic celebrity, the ooze of a very different and more dangerous lifestyle has seeped out for all to see'. What exactly was bothering Jan? The fact Stephen was gay, the fact he was in a civil partnership, or the fact that he or his partner might have enjoyed sex with someone they had just met?

I don't think that gay men all behave in the same way - there are as many varieties of relationships within the gay community as there are in the straight one.
Thank you, Janet Street Porter. Spot on.
Send Jan Moir over to the states. She would have no problem getting a job amongst the right wing nut cases we have around here.

- HJR, South Carolina, USA, 19/10/2009 13:41
If the gay lifestyle was harmless then they'd be allowed to give blood. Go figure.

- David Thomas, North Wales, 19/10/2009 12:59
Click to rate Rating 186
:shock: :roll:
Boris Johnson

The Daily Mail are now touting David Davis as Chan[…]

surveys... British public wrong about nearly eve[…]

Labour, Generally.

There are literally puppets in it.

GE 2020

A twitter thread worth reading https://twitter.co[…]