•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Gourami wrote:In her favour, has there ever been an easier impression to pull off? Everyone can do it. You're doing it now aren't you? Admit it.

"Oim Jawnet Stweet Powter I wanna gwass o wawter, d'yooo fink I owta? Ulllll ask Bawoness Shirwy Powter...."

Repeat ad nauseaum. Feel chuffed you can do at least one impression. Eat apple through letterbox.
I really retired from the whole impressions business after "Ohh Betty, The Donkey's dome a whoopsie in the corridor".
Because nothing is funnier than made up names for bodily functions.

By Winegums
Membership Days Posts
Gourami wrote:In her favour, has there ever been an easier impression to pull off? Everyone can do it. You're doing it now aren't you? Admit it.

"Oim Jawnet Stweet Powter I wanna gwass o wawter, d'yooo fink I owta? Ulllll ask Bawoness Shirwy Powter...."

Repeat ad nauseaum. Feel chuffed you can do at least one impression. Eat apple through letterbox.

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
Red Ken, five kids by three women and a nasty whiff of hypocrisy...

Looking hard for the hypocrisy, but can't find any.
Ken Livingstone seems to have had a far more exotic sex life than me. I've stuck to serial monogamy - four ex husbands, one current long-term partner, no kids.

Ken's had two marriages, one long-term relationship, five children, as well as donating his sperm to a couple of female friends so they could have kids.
I'm not sure how to measure 'exoticism' in these terms, but they seem about equal to me. How 'exotic' does JSP think it is to be a sperm donor?
According to Ken, all his kids and their mums happily go on holiday together.
Sounds very adult and admirable, especially on behalf of the mums. Still waiting for the hypocrisy.
Can you imagine the stink if a female politician behaved like this? Talk about double standards.
How is that Ken's fault? Surely the problem is with the faux-prudery of shit newspapers like the Mail on Sunday?
And these men say they understand ordinary female voters. Really?
Nah, they'd have to be monogamous, missionary-position-only types to understand us. Or am I not 'ordinary' enough for Janet?
Their lifestyles require a certain level of funding - one that's well-oiled.
Does she mean 'lubricated'?

This is nonsense, of course. There are reconstituted families of all classes whose various factions get on with one another. Money helps — but doesn't it always?
I'd rather hear more about how his favourite amphibians procreate than receive further bulletins about Ken's sexual journey. Goodness knows what his eldest kids think - it must be embarrassing to have dad talking about his sperm in public. If my father had done anything similar, I would have left home.
This from the woman who wrote an entire memoir, called Baggage: my childhood, slagging off her parents.
Personally, I find this 'big happy family' malarkey a touch hypocritical.
Ah, here we go.
It's strange how young women who give birth to children by different fathers are routinely described as 'feckless' and seen as a social problem society has to pigeonhole and offer 'support' to, but if a high-earning bloke impregnates a female pal he's just 'helping out'.
Yes there's a double standard, but Livingstone is challenging it, not promoting it. You won't end the stigmatisation of young mothers by extending the stigma to old fathers.
Having several children by mistresses, friends, or whatever, is acceptable middle-class behaviour - not a sign of working class lack of morality.
It would be lovely if middle-class people were so open-minded and tolerant. Alas.
Only men with regular salaries, decent pension schemes and expenses can afford to have mistresses and multiple families on the go and take them all on holiday.
For a so-called feminist, this is astonishingly sloppy thinking. Are none of the mistresses and wives earning? Livingstone's previous partner was the UK head of Amnesty International. I bet she contributed a few shekels towards the holiday.
Extended families are not something most voters can afford.
And yet they continue to exist! What was the Tories' solution? Tax breaks for married couples. Widen the affordability gap a little more. (Give the LibDems their due, they killed the idea.)
Do these super-breeder male politicians understand the exhausting effect poverty has on these mums' lives? How can they understand the female perspective - they're busy making speeches, canvassing, furthering their ambitions and their egos - they live for work. Don't tell me they do 50 per cent of the work at home.
What's the solution then? Celibacy? Most of them probably have a cleaner — as, I suspect, do most star columnists at the Mail. Wtf is "the female perspective"? Street-Porter's argument is so vague here it's impossible to take apart.
what's needed is a fundamental change in the male-dominated agenda.
Starting with a privacy law that makes discussion of politicians' sex lives irrelevant. Hand back that fee now, Janet.
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
I wonder if Janet will be dissecting Boris Johnson's private life next week? If the Mail think that mud slinging about Ken's private life will undermine his chances of becoming the next Mayor of London I think they may be in for a bit of a shock because Johnson has probably got more skeletons in his closet than Ken.
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
As several high-profile women who should know better spout self-obsessed drivel....whatever happened to feminism, equality and the rights we fought so hard for?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1d1ZDOt3t" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

High profile women spouting drivel! Is she referring to Mel, Amanda and Jan Moir?

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:High profile women spouting drivel! Is she referring to Mel, Amanda and Jan Moir?
Or herself?
Instead of opining about manners, why aren’t Ms Dockery and Ms Maitlis campaigning for better funding for childcare for working mums? More money for teachers so our class sizes are smaller and our children get more attention?
This from a woman who opines for a living, in a column which is just an excuse to bitch about other celebrity women. Does Street-Porter campaign on women's issues? If so, she keeps it quiet — and that would be out of character. Why doesn't she use her column to point out that the newspaper she works for increasingly employs interns and freelancers rather than contracted staff? Freelancer means no maternity pay, no protection against illness or redundancy.

By SewerUrchin
Membership Days
Self-important newsreader Emily Maitlis (six-figure salary and married to a banker) rose to the challenge — can she ever resist an opportunity to get her name in print in her quest to unseat Jeremy Paxman? Emily announced to the waiting world: ‘Chivalry is not remotely dead — we’ve never had it so good!’

Thank goodness we’ve sorted that out. If you are an overpaid telly presenter, I’m sure chivalry is not dead. Of course, a starstruck chap will open a door for Emily when she’s carrying a tray of coffees.

Unfortunately, the same will not be true for a mum struggling with a baby buggy and three children boarding a bus in Sunderland.
And how is this Emily Maitlis' fault? What do you want her to do, teleport around the country, helping small children and their parents onto public transport?
Instead of opining about manners, why aren’t Ms Dockery and Ms Maitlis campaigning for better funding for childcare for working mums?
Why aren't you? Honestly, this whole article is basically Janet, slumped in a chair, and shouting at other women to do more stuff.
Now Kirstie tells us not to talk to our men until we’ve fed them. If she’s such a relationship expert, how come her chap (and the father of her two children) hasn’t popped the question?
Why should he? Maybe they're perfectly happy as they are, on account of her not being a miserable old boot who sends mother-in-laws running for the hills.
Oily Nancy — who told this newspaper she was ‘too big’ for Strictly, not that she couldn’t dance — is another traitor to her sex.

What exactly does this diva do to earn money between beauty treatments and getting dressed up in revealing clothes? Though she claims to work as a ‘fixer’ and trained as a lawyer, her primary job is trying to get noticed.
Right, so she's a traitor to her sex because she's famous and wishes to remain so. Sure, she's fairly pointless, but so are lots of people.

Janet Street-Pawtah doesn't seem to understand what feminism actually is; she seems to think that it boils down to bitching about other women and very little else. How progressive.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
WTF was that attack on Emily Maitliss? Oh, same as Platell, I understand.

On the odd occasion I've spotted a celebrity, I've only realised after they've gone past me. If I'd held a door for Maitliss, I would have done it without realising who she was. I expect most people are the same.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
It's time for us oldies to take a stand!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1feb8rJsF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really don't where to start with the first part of the article. There's also this:
I used to loathe Clarkson, now I feel I'm watching the final years of an endangered species. I almost feel sorry for the old codger — he's obviously fed up with the prospect of another five years of work at the politically correct BBC, when he's banked millions from overseas sales of his shows, books and DVDs.
Clarkson, like Rod Liddle and Kelvin MacKenzie, serves a useful purpose. The world would be drearier without them.
The Trump Presidency

Not just satirists Nancy Pelosi has said the same […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can anyone spot the flaws in this plan? https:/[…]

The Group of Seven

Does anyone, anyone at all, see any strategic po[…]

The Sun

We reckon climbing trees is a lot more character-[…]