Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:grinning: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:It's time for us oldies to take a stand!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1feb8rJsF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really don't where to start with the first part of the article. There's also this:
I used to loathe Clarkson, now I feel I'm watching the final years of an endangered species. I almost feel sorry for the old codger — he's obviously fed up with the prospect of another five years of work at the politically correct BBC, when he's banked millions from overseas sales of his shows, books and DVDs.
Clarkson, like Rod Liddle and Kelvin MacKenzie, serves a useful purpose. The world would be drearier without them.
I don't know why, but I've always had the impression that Porter just automaticaly claims to hate certain men because she's playing the hard-line femimist, without actualy reading what these guys have said, or giving the situation any thought.

Now I'm not saying old pig-face Kelvin isn't worthy of hatred, as he clearly is. But as most people who saw Clarkson on The One Show will tell you, he just clearly made an ill-judged stupid comment, which once again was taken out of context by those who saw an opportunity.

She cannot be so stupid herself, unless she in fact didn't see the show either. There are some men she feels she must hate, even if they have on other occasions done some good things (like Clarkson and his documentary series).

Perhaps not the best way to describe my thoughts on that woman, but I do get the feeling it's often a case of knee-jerk man hating on her part.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
shyamz wrote:I don't know why, but I've always had the impression that Porter just automaticaly claims to hate certain men because she's playing the hard-line femimist, without actualy reading what these guys have said, or giving the situation any thought.
I think you are right.
JSP and Clarkson are very similar in that they both have public personas which I'm sure they feel obliged to live up to.
I certainly have pre-conceived expectations of the kind of opinions I'm going to hear if I watch a programme either of them is appearing on.
By Big Rob
JANET STREET PORTER: If you care about the family, Dave, why not stick up for marriage?
One in 11 couples split up before their child’s fifth birthday — a disgusting statistic that makes me want to weep. We really are the me-generation, putting our own interests before everything else, including our children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Stre ... sonal_life" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Street-Porter has been married four times.

Now her mouth is famous for being able to put her foot in it. :lol:
By mojojojo
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:Janet Street-Porter: Sorry, I'm a shame free zone
She's had four disastrous marriages and - as she reveals in her brazenly defiant memoirs - countless affairs. Yet Janet Street-Porter doesn't feel a shred of guilt
No shit Janet.
The rest of us don't have a shred of interest.
By Big Rob
mojojojo wrote:The rest of us don't have a shred of interest.
If the mail and their columnists were consistent in their 'arguments' then this site would simply look like a lot of holier-than-thou people on their high horses.

Attacking mail hypocrisy is the most effective weapon against the mail and its columnists. Attacking hypocrisy at every turn.
By shyamz
Membership Days Posts
Big Rob wrote:JANET STREET PORTER: If you care about the family, Dave, why not stick up for marriage?
One in 11 couples split up before their child’s fifth birthday — a disgusting statistic that makes me want to weep. We really are the me-generation, putting our own interests before everything else, including our children.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Stre ... sonal_life" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Street-Porter has been married four times.

Now her mouth is famous for being able to put her foot in it. :lol:
I honestly cannot see how she can feel justified her sanctity of marriage views when she herself has been up the isle more times than Dale Winton with a shopping trolley.

Just saying she has no guilt herself doesn't wash, it doesn't even work as an argument. The brazen pig headedness of the woman should embarrass even her but it doesn't.

I hope that gets picked up on in the comments.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The relentless demolition of quality in pursuit of noise.

I really really loathe what she has managed with her career, and what she (in my mind) represents.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:The relentless demolition of quality in pursuit of noise.

I really really loathe what she has managed with her career, and what she (in my mind) represents.
Def 2 was quite good, to be fair.

one reason probably being that it didn't have her near a camera at any point.
The Trump Presidency

Not just satirists Nancy Pelosi has said the same […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can anyone spot the flaws in this plan? https:/[…]

The Group of Seven

Does anyone, anyone at all, see any strategic po[…]

The Sun

We reckon climbing trees is a lot more character-[…]