Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 46.7 % ❤ 20 % :thumbsup: 9.5 % :grinning: 11.4 % 🧥 1.9 % 🙏 4.8 % 😟 4.8 % :cry: 1 %
By Chris S
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'd love to read his columns. I always try when I read my Dad's copy of the Mail, but I just cannot pay attention for that long. His columns are just that poor and full of shite.
Also, I hate the the way he calls David Cameron 'Call Me Dave' all the time. WHY? He came up with that when he first wrote for the Mail. Is he so proud of that one 'joke' that he just won't let go?
By Vodex
And what about this little snippet, from March 3 2006? Here's an intersting little game - changes references from 'gays' and 'poovery' to, say, 'Jews' and 'kikes'. Really makes for revealing reading.

The BBC homophobic? That's a joke

IF YOU sat down to write a list of what was wrong with modern television, you'd be several pages in before you came to the conclusion: not enough poovery.

Yet that is exactly the accusation being levelled at the BBC by the normally sensible(ish) gay rights group Stonewall.

They attack Jeremy Clarkson and Anne Robinson for making fun of homosexuals.

They even complain about Porridge, a 30-year-old comedy show, for a reference to what they describe as a ' sexually predatory homosexual prison rights group' called Equal Rights For Poofters.

That would be Lukewarm, would it?

Lighten up, chaps.

Every soap has at least one gay storyline. Just about every makeover show has a gay presenter or contestant.

No property programme is complete without a happy, smiling homosexual couple poking around the soft furnishings.

From Graham Norton to Miriam Margolyes, gays and lesbians are prominent on mainstream TV.

Arguably, homosexuals are seriously over-represented on television.

I can only conclude that having won most of the big battles, Stonewall has nothing better to do to justify its existence.

When gay activists are reduced to having a pop at Porridge, they must be desperate.

Still, it's worth it for the following sentence from the report: 'The BBC rarely challenges homophobia and consistently allows its presenters to perpetuate negative attitudes towards lesbians and gay men.' You couldn't make it up.
By Paul
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
http://www.urban75.com/Punch/littlejohn.html
Rumoured to be a corpulent, jowl-faced, baggy-eyed, racist, pompous, cowardly, shit-novel writing twat, this scumbag 'journalist' delivers so many rants about homosexuals it makes you wonder if he's hiding something....

So why not put him out of his misery and give him a good old fashioned slapping?

You know he wants it!
By Guest
Gays are over-represented on television ?

Hmm 10% of the population ? And there are how many gay TV presenters and characters.

Are any of these presenters doing something outside the stereotypes of "gay people +show biz" Gay people are so camp or gay people are really good at fashion and interior decoration.

There are more gay men than lesbians as well. I can only think of one or two out lesbians working regularly on TV, Rhona Cameron and Sandi Toksvig.
By Jollity
Membership Days Membership Days
community.livejournal.com/dailymail_rehab/ used to put up Littlejohn columns, but they haven't for a while. Perhaps the person who did it got a C&D, even though he put up a disclaimer. (it said "Copyright 2006 Associated Newspapers Ltd. Reproduced as fair use for purposes of comment and satire.")

Surely you can give us a summary of the column?

:(
By not a Mail reader
Do any of the older members here remember when that man of impeccable morals, the "tough on crime" Littlejohn of such firm principles, interviewed Dave Courtney on Radio 5 in one of the most pathetic, sickening displays of arse-licking ever heard on British radio. Now, I despise the Mail and it's views, but if the journo's and readers live by their principles, or at least make some attempt to, then fair enough. But this man is a complete hypocrite, such a disgusting little sycophant , a petit-bourgeouise "man of the people" wannabe who, on the one hand makes money out of lecturing his readers about what worthless scum anyone who has ever been in prison is, while on the other he fawns over gangsters like Courtney like some schoolyard weasel who tries to be the sidekick to the schoolyard bully.
By summergal
Paul wrote:http://www.urban75.com/Punch/littlejohn.html
Rumoured to be a corpulent, jowl-faced, baggy-eyed, racist, pompous, cowardly, shit-novel writing twat, this scumbag 'journalist' delivers so many rants about homosexuals it makes you wonder if he's hiding something....

So why not put him out of his misery and give him a good old fashioned slapping?

You know he wants it!
Ooh, I enjoyed that! Can we have a similar site for Melanie Phillips? :twisted:
By tuber
Paul wrote:http://www.urban75.com/Punch/littlejohn.html

You know he wants it!
Oh my word the Self Vs Littlejohn transcript that this links to is one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Or this: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If Corbyn did cross the line he'd be the first PM […]

Mark Francois MP

Just had a look at his Wiki page. A stint at Lloyd[…]

Boris Johnson

Wouldn't it be good if newspapers had an imposed p[…]