Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 46.2 % ❤ 18.3 % :thumbsup: 10.8 % :grinning: 10.8 % 🧥 2.2 % 🙏 5.4 % 😟 5.4 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
No Richard, the Sunday Times didn't copy it from you. It's a headline staple ever since the book was published and the TV series aired.
By Andy McDandy
Reminds me of a Cockney Wanker strip in Viz, where having passed the knowledge, he has to take the second taxi drivers test - the ignorance.

"Can you get from nice weather we're having for this time of year, to I'd pull the lever myself, via kids today don't know they're born, Mr Wanker?"
Boiler, Malcolm Armsteen, youngian and 2 others liked this

By davidjay
cycloon wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:51 pm
Both. The idea of improving the workers' lot is entirely foreign to such a working man's hero, and vegans lol.
And yet he'd fall right in with the idea that the poor don't have to go hungry, they just don't know how to cook anymore, not like my dear old mum who fed seventeen of us with a potato and an Oxo cube.

By Boiler
davidjay wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:55 pm
cycloon wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:51 pm
Both. The idea of improving the workers' lot is entirely foreign to such a working man's hero, and vegans lol.
And yet he'd fall right in with the idea that the poor don't have to go hungry, they just don't know how to cook anymore, not like my dear old mum who fed seventeen of us with a potato and an Oxo cube.
Speaking as someone who was fed bread and beef Oxo dissolved in boiling water as a restorative...

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:48 pm
What is his obsession with Jack Monroe and kale pesto? Does he think poor people should all eat chips, or is it because it's meatless and therefore a bit funny?
Dear Richard Littlejohn – here are all the things you got wrong about me
Jack Monroe
Jack Monroe
I'm not single, and I didn't quit my job for a life on benefits, but why let facts get in the way of your Daily Mail column?
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... daily-mail

Five years ago but the butthurt hasn't faded.

By MisterMuncher
Kale pesto and Monroe's work in general probably signifies aspiration. Taking cabbage and trying to make it into something tasty and relatively exotic to provide a little shaft of light in your shitty fucking bedsit smacks of actually trying to improve your lot. You'll have it boiled to bits alongside your instant mash like a good little prole. Enjoy your rickets and incessant diarrhoea.

Never forget a certain breed of conservative that enjoys substantial overlap with the target audience here views poverty as the manifestation of moral and personal shortcomings, and they should always be punished (as if it wasn't already punishing) for it.
hel liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Boiler wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:07 pm
Speaking as someone who was fed bread and beef Oxo dissolved in boiling water as a restorative...
My father was a school caretaker. He told us of one kid he had to rinse down after an incontinence was badly neglected. He was sent to the shops by his mother for a packet of Players (for her), a small loaf and six Oxo. His main, often only, meal was bread soaked in Oxo. That would have been 1957 or so. Stayed with me, that story.
Labour, Generally.

‘Deselect Norwich’ was among the amusi[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.