Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 53.1 % ❤ 10.9 % :thumbsup: 7.8 % :grinning: 10.9 % 🙏 7.8 % 😟 7.8 % :cry: 1.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So what he wants from his doctor (not really because he goes private and lives in Florida) is to be seen instantly and be given a make it all better pill. Everything else is, in his eyes, a bit poofy.

AAHJUSWANNASEEYAMAAANDARLIN!

By Biggus Robbus
I could tell you a story about my ex mother-in-law having a heart problem without health insurance in the States. Basically she nearly died.

Within a month she had debt collectors on the phone for the tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills she owed.

However let's bash the NHS instead.

By davidjay
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:36 am
That actually sums him up. Whatever exists he must mock it. Never judge if it's good or bad, just mock.

Shitbrained weasel.
Not everything, just everything that a Real Man doesn't have to deal with.
By Andy McDandy
Fetishised masculinity as the author Jake Arnott put it. Gangsters, squaddies and other "real man's men". There to provide vicarious thrills for suburban curtain twitchers. And all the women are mothers, tarts or harridans.

He really did top out at 14.

By Boiler
cycloon wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:13 am
Loneliness is a terrible, terrible thing.
Successful trial to combat it?
Sneer sneer.
Loneliness. Where you find yourself turning on the satnav on a journey you know so it feels like someone is talking to you.... :(

By davidjay
Boiler wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:16 pm
cycloon wrote:
Sneer sneer.
Loneliness. Where you find yourself turning on the satnav on a journey you know so it feels like someone is talking to you.... :(
You just need to pull yourself together.

By cycloon
Boiler wrote:
cycloon wrote:
Sneer sneer.
:(

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Not sure that everyone immediately got it that this was not a throw-away line.

By Boiler
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:16 pm
Boiler wrote:
Not sure that everyone immediately got it that this was not a throw-away line.
I've never done it before. What is worse is when I realised what I was doing... I left the satnav on.

By Samanfur
I went through a similar phase during my postgraduate studies of needing to leave the TV on to fall asleep, because I could just about cope (badly) with not speaking to anyone from one day to the next during the day, but coupling that silence with nightfall was panic attack fodder.

This too shall pass.

By Boiler
Thank you for your support, my friends.

I'm reminded of a rather poignant 1920s wireless - related cartoon, which picked up on one BBC announcer's habit of signing off with "Goodnight, everybody" and then, after a pause, saying "Goodnight" again: it was, he said, to give people a chance to say "goodnight" in return. The cartoon in question is of an elderly lady wearing a night cap/bonnet, her hands clasped and looking at the loudspeaker by her bedside.
Daily Express headline today

I don't get the Express's angle on this. I would h[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

My experience of (older) Cisco stuff is... not g[…]

Labour, Generally.

Johnson brought this in. As part of his lifelong a[…]

Why does releasing equity involve having a cup of […]