Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 46.2 % ❤ 18.3 % :thumbsup: 10.8 % :grinning: 10.8 % 🧥 2.2 % 🙏 5.4 % 😟 5.4 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 am
Rattling in on the Piccadilly Line from Daily Mail Land, it wasn’t until we crossed the North Circular Road that the demonstrators started getting on board. First up was a scruffy bird in Doc Martens and one of those Intifada scarves. She was brandishing a tatty cardboard ‘Stop Leave’ sign.

By the time we’d reached Islington, spiritual home of Remain, there were a few more of them, all looking very pleased with themselves.

Curiously, the local MP, O.J. Corbyn, wasn’t among them.

When I got on the train to the march the seats and standing room had already been filled by the muesli-eating metropolitan elites of Kings Lynn and Downham Market.

Its not in the least bit curious that Corbyn wasn't among them. Whats this 'O.J. Corbyn' bollocks all about?
I had posted a theory that he was using the "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn" chant as a jumping off point for a joke, and I use that word quite wrongly. A bonus feature of that it implies Corbyn to a killer, and even worse, black.
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Under starter's orders - the Tory Twit of the Year race takes to the field

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... field.html

I'll be fucked if I'm going to read this, I presume it's another hilarious take on Monty Python.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: A Cabinet of all the talents to heal our divisions?... Call Mary Berry
Blah blah
Nonce Finder General
During the war, Rodney, Britain faced an existential threat from a foreign aggressor
OFAH reference. 1
The Sweeney references. 0

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... Berry.html

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
One of the most striking images on the Leave march was a black chap in a Union Jack outfit.

Striking that this twat's picture has been wheeled out by every Brexiter to show they're not racist. The odd one's alright.
Why would Littlejohn's readers be against a Noncefinder General?

By Malcolm Armsteen
In case we forget - this from James O'Brian's book that I am currently reading:
In December 2012, a Welsh primary school sent its pupils home for the holidays with a letter about changes that would be in place at the beginning of the next term. Mrs Metcalfe, for example, was leaving for a new position in Spain. Mrs Kelly was set to reduce her hours and Mr Caton would be joining Mrs Mulcock as a year two teacher. Mr Upton, the parents learned, ‘has recently made a significant change in his life and will be transitioning to live as a woman. After the Christmas break, she will return to work as Miss Meadows.’ According to Lucy’s former wife, Ruth Smith, one parent complained about the news because his child was ‘confused’ and started a petition to protest. He also spoke to the local press and by doing so, we must presume unintentionally, set in motion a tragic chain of events. On 20 December, the Daily Mail columnist Richard Littlejohn wrote an article headlined ‘He’s not only in the wrong body … he’s in the wrong job.’ The deliberate mis-gendering aside, he wrote with characteristic crassness of the ‘devastating effect’ Lucy’s change in gender would have upon her pupils.

‘Why,’ he asked, ‘should they be forced to deal with the news that a male teacher they have always known as Mr Upton will henceforth be a woman called Miss Meadows?’ Littlejohn did not reveal whether his concern was based on more than the confusion of a single child and his parent’s petition. He certainly did not mention the many expressions of support and encouragement that Miss Meadows had received from other parents, pupils and colleagues. Two and a half months later, she was dead. Two and a half months after Lucy’s suicide, the coroner at her inquest accused the Daily Mail of ‘ridicule and humiliation’ and a ‘character assassination’ of 32-year-old Lucy. As he closed the inquest, Michael Singleton, coroner for Blackburn, Hyndburn and Rossendale, turned to the reporters present and said: And to you the press, I say shame, shame on all of you. Lucy Meadows was not somebody who had thrust herself into the public limelight. She was not a celebrity. She had done nothing wrong. Her only crime was to be different. Not by choice but by some trick of nature. And yet the press saw fit to treat her in the way that they did. The Press Complaints Commission carried out an investigation and on 11 March 2013 the Daily Mail offered to take down Littlejohn’s article from the paper’s website, as well as a photograph of Meadows’s wedding to Smith in February 2009. But, of course, as Ruth later wrote: ‘Once online, always online. Our private moment, for me and my family, put out there.’ Singleton was, to say the least, unimpressed by the Daily Mail’s gesture.
...‘journalism’ like Littlejohn’s is as dangerous as it is despicable and that, for me, the ‘right’ side of this particular argument will always involve being on the opposite side to him and his ilk. At the time of writing, Richard Littlejohn reportedly remains the highest paid newspaper columnist in the country.

O'Brien, James. How To Be Right . Ebury Publishing. Kindle Edition.

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:38 am

Why would Littlejohn's readers be against a Noncefinder General?
His readers aren't - he is. Partly because Tom Watson is a leftie, and worse than that, a leftie they have to take seriously. But mostly it's because paedos are there to be hunted when it means throwing bricks through the local weirdo's front windows. When it means looking in the direction of middle-aged, straight-talking media folk, not so much.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... euvre.html

Today's barrel of bollocks. Quick version: "why did we give the blacks a vote?".

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:42 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... euvre.html

Today's barrel of bollocks. Quick version: "why did we give the blacks a vote?".
He must be writing on behalf of his adopted homeland again.
I don't recall any time (and I'm prepared to be corrected) when skintone was a requirement to vote.
Wealth and having a willy were requirements.
Age still is.
But no recollection of ethnicity.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Rebecca L-B is from Manchester and wears glasses. And she got a job with Corbyn due to sharing the same politics.
In the team Jeremy Corbyn took along to his talks with Theresa May was an MP called Rebecca Long-Bailey.

In case you've never heard of her, she's that irritating woman who turns up on TV looking and sounding like Caroline Aherne's Mrs Merton.

I wonder what attracted her to the bearded Marxist .

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: What would Rumpole make of Brexit murderers like Mrs May if we put them on trial at the Old Bailey?
More "Richard Littlejohn imagines" bollocks.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ailey.html
Labour, Generally.

‘Deselect Norwich’ was among the amusi[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Anyhoo, worth a read : https://www.commondreams.[…]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

Northern Irish local newspapers are generally quit[…]

If.