Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 57.5 % ❤ 15.4 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 0.4 % :grinning: 9.8 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 4.2 % 😟 4.2 % :cry: 1.1 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
In his gated community, with all the benefits of internet shopping and home delivery, he doesn't have to mix with the locals.

The fact he missed the opportunity to say he got his barnet cut in Barnet suggests to me he's doing his usual lying about being in London

youngian wrote:
Still, after visiting my man Harry, at Ego barbers in Cockfosters, North London, I am newly shorn and fit to face the world again.

The last time it was this short, Desmond Dekker was at No 1 with Israelites.
So he's back noticing through the barber shop window that there's more darkies than ever in the suburbs. Dick must be in the Enfield end of Cockfosters as he wouldn't have passed up telling us he's getting his Barnet cut in Barnet.
Cyclist wrote:He's not very good at reading stuff on the internet. Mr Google tells me Ego Barbers & Beauty isn't in Cockfosters, it's on Cockfosters Road in Barnet.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He's been directed to shit himself on behalf of the landlord class. I don't believe the coffee and cafe market will die overnight (or even substantially decrease long-term, people will still eat and drink, implied improvement of QOL and increased disposable income from remote working) if 5-15% of people can be switched to WFH or flexible arrangements going forward. That kind of drop in demand for office space and commuter living, though, will soon start to bite landlords hard.

By Bones McCoy
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:36 am
He's been directed to shit himself on behalf of the landlord class. I don't believe the coffee and cafe market will die overnight (or even substantially decrease long-term, people will still eat and drink, implied improvement of QOL and increased disposable income from remote working) if 5-15% of people can be switched to WFH or flexible arrangements going forward. That kind of drop in demand for office space and commuter living, though, will soon start to bite landlords hard.
I used to note the decrease in traffic during school holidays.
None of the usual tailbacks.
It amazed me to find that traffic numbers were only down by about 5%.

Working fomr home as a regular arrangement could make a huge difference.

By MisterMuncher
Bones McCoy wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:42 am
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:36 am
I used to note the decrease in traffic during school holidays.
None of the usual tailbacks.
It amazed me to find that traffic numbers were only down by about 5%.

Working fomr home as a regular arrangement could make a huge difference.
There's potentially wonderful knock-on effects here. Quieter roads from reduced commuter traffic will result in an increase in kids walking or cycling to school (or, more accurately, parents become more inclined to these options, especially if they're not dropping the kids on the way to work), and this less traffic again, and healthier kids.

Handled correctly, there's the potential to Copenhagen-ise urban Britain, not merely in terms of transport, but in terms of quality of life. Sadly, it's likely to fail because of wankers like Lj who cannot abide the idea of anyone having a better life.
spoonman liked this

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:22 am
Whatever Rishi Sunak’s drinking, make mine a large one. But seeing as he doesn’t touch alcohol, I can only assume he’s discovered some kind of magic teetotal elixir.
Either that, or he’s a devotee of one of those New Age cults which promises serenity and divine intervention in exchange for a large financial donation.

Yeh, Hindu Rishi chants while he does his yogic flying with George Harrison. You’d think LJ would see Sunak as one of his efnic mates but he can’t help himself. And ‘the other lot’ have no religious aversion to alcohol is just not culturally popular where Rishi’s folks come from for obvious climatic reasons.
I thought that Islam originally forbade alcohol as a counter to Christianity, where the monks spent most of their time rat arsed.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:27 pm
I thought that Islam originally forbade alcohol as a counter to Christianity, where the monks spent most of their time rat arsed.
Makes sense as rising religions like totemic issues to differentiate themselves with rivals. A point made while reading about Islam's tricky relationship with dogs compared to Zoroastrians/Parsi who had an established family pet culture. Or Protestants (and Islam) having disdain for Catholic iconography they considered idolatrous.

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... afety.html

Takes the supreme court ruling on Shamima Begum returning to the UK to stand trial as proof that she will be acquitted, throws in a lot of misogyny, flirts with libelling Gareth Pierce, and ends up on a flight of fancy about scooters riffing on Quadrophenia, and something about Ricky Gervais.

Yeah, still a cunt.
Sir Keir Starmer

Of course he is... He's aiming for the Mantle of […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Reminds me of the song 'Fins Can Only Get Wetter' […]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9003377[…]

The Tories, Generally

Oh man! Buy bigger shirts!