Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 57.7 % ❤ 15.3 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 0.4 % :grinning: 10 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 4.3 % 😟 3.9 % :cry: 1.1 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:28 pm
Boiler wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm
AIUI the "banjo" bit comes from a fried egg sandwich where the yolk is unbroken ("sunny side up" as the Colonials refer to it) and upon biting into it, the yolk drips down your shirt; the "banjo" bit is the motion of your hand in trying to wipe the yolk away on your shirt.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Egg_Banjo
Yeah, you hold the drippy bit away in your left while wiping/strumming with the right.
Never made sense to me as you don't, generally speaking, strum a banjo.

By MisterMuncher
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:51 am
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:42 am

Never made sense to me as you don't, generally speaking, strum a banjo.
You may be over-thinking this.
Nothing to fret about?

By crabcakes_windermere
Boiler wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:12 pm
AIUI the "banjo" bit comes from a fried egg sandwich where the yolk is unbroken ("sunny side up" as the Colonials refer to it) and upon biting into it, the yolk drips down your shirt; the "banjo" bit is the motion of your hand in trying to wipe the yolk away on your shirt.

https://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/Egg_Banjo
I just assumed it was because a banjo is a large disc and so is a bap.
oboogie liked this

By Scarlet emperor
From today's article - "Brexit was supposed to free us from the shackles of the sclerotic EU and usher in a new era of swashbuckling, fast-moving freedom to take bold, independent measures in the national interest."

Let's ignore the absolute bollocks of that statement and focus on the fact he used the word sclerotic. I'm guessing he was searching for erotic on Google (probably erotic Minder fan fiction) and stumbled on his new word of the day. A word defined as "becoming rigid and unresponsive; losing the ability to adapt."

Dickie! It's you! A sclerotic bellend.

By Andy McDandy
It's one of those words, such as preening*, swingeing**, and so on, that sound intrinsically nasty and unhealthy. Tones of septic, clotted, rotten, all in one word.

*Jonathan Ross and his ilk.
**Only ever used to describe budget cuts of which you don't approve. The combination of sweeping and whingeing does it, I think.

By Boiler
Now, I'd love to know where it originated from but back in 2016, when I was on many more forums than I am on now that phrase "sclerotic EU" popped up everywhere - and usually from people whom I doubt had the foggiest what "sclerotic" actually meant judging by the standards of what they usually brain-farted onto teh Interwebz.

By Oblomov
Is Littlejohn's opposition to furlough and job retention schemes borne out of McCarthyism or is it because Sunak is, yanno...

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:44 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -free.html

Get back to work, slags (part 94).
Richard Tice has been given a platform this week to tell everyone to get back to the office. This man holds no office and is just a worried property developer. Good.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The default state of the Mailite (and, of course, those who write to reinforce her or his prejudices) is to begrudge.

Begrudge anyone anything, especially if it helps them, because you'd rather see your fellow citizens miserable. From the bottom of their stinking oubliette of failure and inadequacy.
Projective Unity liked this

By Andy McDandy
And despite himself working from home (and boasting that his days physically on Fleet Street were mostly spent propping up bars), he equates WFH with slacking. Why? Well, as he regularly says, give anyone a modicum of power (or unaccountability), and they'll exploit it. He, and his audience, believe that anyone not visibly toiling is slacking, and that anyone doing anything that doesn't involve breaking a sweat is "pen pushing", or "women's work", or in some way a dodge. Why? Because that's what they would do if given that opportunity.
spoonman liked this

Everything is theatrics, maaan.

Shaun Bailey

I think Bailey might be spending more time talking[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

It just pisses me off that even when Corbyn is doi[…]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8861437[…]