Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 58.1 % ❤ 15.5 % :thumbsup: 6.1 % 😯 0.4 % :grinning: 9 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 4.3 % 😟 4 % :cry: 1.1 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
And boy, haven't the motorists' organisations collective gobs been flapping over that one, especially the suggestion that Sunak might put another 5p on a litre of fuel to help pay for his largesse.

And this won't go down well in Vero Beach:

Capita to close over a third of offices permanently

There is however a down-side to this: it could affect pension funds.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Cities that prioritise public transport, cycling and walking inconvenience private motorists.
Cities that prioritise private vehicles kill cyclists and peds.

I'm a particular fan of his warbling about the obese in mobility scooters during an article that is an extended outbreak of petulance over the prospect of having to get out of the car and move about a bit.
Amazonian liked this

By davidjay
MisterMuncher wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:52 pm
Cities that prioritise public transport, cycling and walking inconvenience private motorists.
Cities that prioritise private vehicles kill cyclists and peds.

I'm a particular fan of his warbling about the obese in mobility scooters during an article that is an extended outbreak of petulance over the prospect of having to get out of the car and move about a bit.
Laugh at the fat kid, fifty years on.

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -well.html

Get back to work you lazy buggers part I don't know any more.

Meanwhile the penny is dropping that Johnson might be a bit shit. Pop cultural reference today - The Wizard of Oz.

By The Red Arrow
Why-aye man! That fookin' Dacre's gan an' ah'm in charge na, so's ah'm wantin' a few hunred woords an mah desk thamorrow wi' summat 'boot Johnson bein' shite...else ah'm gannin' ta tell that canny tale 'boot yer an' yernoohooo fixin' it for yous on ma frunt page, like.

Howay yer go, bonny lad. Aye - yer can still ha' yer 'hilarious' Gary cartoon, boogahd if'n I knah why, like. An' poorin sum shite 'boot ald fillums or telly tah trigger them ald farts wot reads us, like.

By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:42 am
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -well.html

Get back to work you lazy buggers part I don't know any more.

Meanwhile the penny is dropping that Johnson might be a bit shit. Pop cultural reference today - The Wizard of Oz.
The trouble is, he wants someone even more right wing.
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
Amazonian wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:14 pm
Well, say what you like about that nice Mr Mussolini, at least he made the trains run on time...
Funnily enough, so did everyone working from home. Turns out that if you get rid of passengers, and station dwell times, it is easy to hit targets.

Say what you like about Alex...

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ction.html

Boo, lefties. Nothing against the genuine anti-racists, nothing wrong with genuine eco-protesters, but...

As ever, real message is "shut up and go away".

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... odges.html

Laying into Johnson, but can't quite bring himself to go all out. Anyway, apparently it's now all the fault of the caahncil.
By satnav
Looks like he is talking bollocks again.
Avon and Somerset nicked people innocently having a barbecue, yet stood back and watched, without making a single arrest, as rowdy BLM protesters toppled a statue of Edward Colston and chucked it into Bristol harbour.
When I googled people arrested for having a barbecue in Somerset. There were about 30 links none of which had evidence to support the claim and one of the links was actually to Littlejohn's article.

He also repeated this claim.
During lockdown proper, it was the smaller police forces who pursued alleged transgressors with the most aggressive zeal. Who can forget Derbyshire sending up drones to spy on walkers in the Peak District?
As I pointed out at the time it wasn't walkers they were spying on but people going out climbing. And also the publicity the force received actually meant that the message that people should stay away from the Peaks got across to thousands of people thanks to all the free publicity guaranteed by articles appearing in the press.

Quite a few papers have ridiculed the role of wardens but surely air aid wardens in the second world war played a key role in savings thousands of life so why are journalists mocking such a role?

By Boiler
satnav wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:00 pm
Quite a few papers have ridiculed the role of wardens but surely air aid wardens in the second world war played a key role in savings thousands of life so why are journalists mocking such a role?
Because they're cunts?

By Abernathy
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:56 pm
Because they understand 1970s sitcoms better than they understand their history.
Probably true. Hodges the Chief Warden in Dad's Army has been defining the image of air raid wardens - "put that bloomin' light out! " for decades. Largely due to the enduring popularity of the show. Who'd have thought Warden Hodges would have been a beacon for bigotry ?

By slilley
Membership Days Membership Days
My Grandfather who was in a reserved occupation during the war, served as an ARP Warden. On 20th January 1945 a V2 rocket dropped across the road from where he, my Grandmother, Mother, and Uncle lived. Perhaps Mr Littlejohn would have a slightly different view of what they did if he had spent 12 hours digging friends and neighbours out of the rubble.
Attachments
IMG_1083.jpg
IMG_1083.jpg (264.69 KiB) Viewed 441 times

"disrupt the nuclear family" Is thi[…]

Education Redux

Not particularly remarkable, aimed at preventing '[…]

We had cabinet office people on campus last Wednes[…]

US election 2020

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/131036110[…]