Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 57 % ❤ 15 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 0.3 % :grinning: 11.3 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 4 % 😟 4 % :cry: 1 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Plays to his image of old fart who doesn't get technology, everything was better back in the 70s etc. Then he belies it by saying he's doing online shopping and bingeing on Netflix.

By crabcakes_windermere
For the past three months, a gammy leg has meant I’ve been confined to barracks. While half the country has been in lockdown, I’ve been in crockdown. Just as well I went when I did.
I would put a considerable sum of money on Dickie having a touch of gout. A few hundred boozy lunches down the Cheshire Cheese will do that to you.

That, and he's probably been cowering in his gated community in Florida in case he sees a BLM protestor or a covid.

By Andy McDandy
Given that whenever pubs feature, he's either reminiscing about getting drunk with Det. Insp. Bribeasy, or showing a fondness for the pubs that time forgot (ham or cheese sandwiches, old boy in a suit sipping light ale, nobody bothers you, no food save the sarnies, no families, no women save the sassy barmaid who gives as good as she gets, wooden floor, photo of the landlord with some local villain taken on the Costas, no telly, no music, no customers), it seems his niew of pubs is like so much else driven by nostalgia and Sweeney re-runs.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Watching a Sweeney re-run the other day it was noticeable how dysfunctional and shambolic Regan and Carter were around women (Carter gets the elbow from a WPC in this episode). More like David Brent than ladies man Terry in Minder who was the exact opposite so it wasn't just a portrayal of typical men of their day. Sweeney is more nuanced than Littlejohn will ever realise.

By crabcakes_windermere
youngian wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:02 am
Littlejohn's never come across as a pisshead or stoner even if he does eulogise boozy Fleet Street 'characters' from the good ol' days.
Not a pisshead so much as just someone who spends a lot of time drinking real ale, port with rich food etc. and enjoying Friday lunch hours that start on Monday at 11am. He's done buggerall other than a few thousand words a week and a chapter or 2 for one of his awful books for the best part of 2 decades.
The Biden Presidency.

Watching the inauguration with an overwhelming sen[…]

The Trump Presidency

The final Rally, a varied and frequently inappro[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Ah, this is about Rosie. I thought at the time tha[…]

"Boris" Johnson

Will grease actually adhere to that oleaginous cop[…]