•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Don't think they'll put this up:
I'm afraid that this article and many of the comments it has elicited perfectly illustrate the Mail's attitude to science and the level of intelligence and education of most of its readers.
The first is cynical and illiterate, the latter is uncomprehending and merely opinionated beyond their education.

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The devastating book which debunks climate change

So who has written this "devastating book", I wonder? A well known climatologist perhaps? Or possibly a politician on the political impact?
The Real Global Warming Disaster: Is The Obsession With 'Climate Change' Turning Out To Be The Most Costly Scientific Blunder In History? by Christopher Booker (Continuum £16.99).
Oh, that'll be why then. Basically a padded advert.
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
Proud to be in the red on this one. Mail readers' just won't budge on climate change will they?
Having looked up Mr. Booker on Google I have found that as well as denying climate change he also believes that asbestos is chemically identical to talcum powder. Tell that to asbestosis sufferers I have met who used to work with asbestos. He also defends intelligent design, claiming that Darwinians "rest their case on nothing more than blind faith and unexamined a priori assumptions". The irony!

I will choose to disregard the views of a creationist trying to talk to me about science. I know the majority reading this will desperately want to believe this article and see it as the evidence they have been waiting for, as they have a deep seated reluctance to change their lifestyles. I will remain open minded and look to more respected sources for information.

- Tom, MKUK, 23/11/2009 12:08
By PeteBrant
Membership Days Membership Days
Hate to burst your bubble old chap. But your book is neither "devastating" nor does it "Debunk climate change". This is chiefly because you are a second rate journalist, not a climatologist. This is evidenced by you assertion that Aldrin is a climate sceptic. (i) He is not a climate scientist (Something you later go on to critcise IPCC scientists for later in your article; you can't have it both ways) and (ii)Aldrin has said he doubts Mans influence on Climate change, not that climate change is happening.
As for idiots claiming it is all about money and taxation. If you adjust your lifestyle, you won;t pay any more tax, in fact, life will be cheaper. Gosh you Mail readers are thick sometimes.
- Peter Brant, Worthing, 23/11/2009 9:55
Click to rate Rating 138 (in the red)
Yeah :o) Managed to call Mail readers thick and got it in.
By Paul
Relying on an historian like Mr Brooker to understand the science of climate is like asking a tree surgeon to undertake a human heart transplant. (no offence intended to any tree surgeons reading this)
- Anne, West Midlands, 23/11/2009 14:48
Click to rate Rating (44)
Last edited by Paul on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By The Guardian
Membership Days
bluebellnutter wrote:The devastating book which debunks climate change

So who has written this "devastating book", I wonder? A well known climatologist perhaps? Or possibly a politician on the political impact?
The Real Global Warming Disaster: Is The Obsession With 'Climate Change' Turning Out To Be The Most Costly Scientific Blunder In History? by Christopher Booker (Continuum £16.99).
Oh, that'll be why then. Basically a padded advert.
It's a brillaint expose of the scandal. I'd highly recommend it.

By ACG
4/10

nowhere near as good as your early work, not one mention of "leftists" and really now, would if have killed you to put a conspiracy reference in there? i mean, that goal was wide open dear.
By The Guardian
Membership Days
ACG wrote:4/10

nowhere near as good as your early work, not one mention of "leftists" and really now, would if have killed you to put a conspiracy reference in there? i mean, that goal was wide open dear.
Well we all know the scare mongers who set up the scam are largely Marxists types looking for a World Government. Your boy Al Gore has done well out of it eh. He was down to his last $5m before he got into this scam. Now he's worth a billion.

Another brilliant book from Booker is Scared To Death - from BSE to Global Warming. Explaining why it has cost us the earth. He goes through the whole gamut of them.

By ACG
The Guardian wrote:

Well we all know the scare mongers who set up the scam are largely Marxists types looking for a World Government. Your boy Al Gore has done well out of it eh. He was down to his last $5m before he got into this scam. Now he's worth a billion.

Another brilliant book from Booker is Scared To Death - from BSE to Global Warming. Explaining why it has cost us the earth. He goes through the whole gamut of them.
9/10
much better, and not even as poe as some of your other posts have been. you can't get up to 10 again though sadly, as you did rather let the cat out of the bag.
By The Guardian
Membership Days
ACG wrote:
The Guardian wrote:

9/10
much better, and not even as poe as some of your other posts have been. you can't get up to 10 again though sadly, as you did rather let the cat out of the bag.
Have you read either? You should. You might learn something.
Aaron Bastani

He's trying to win Uncle Seamus's approval. https[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If we're honest we are really facing a "glove[…]

Climate change and "politics"

Well done to those kids who went on strike today. […]

The Trump Presidency

He has declared a national emergency on salad (veg[…]