•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I couldn't care less about cricket, and the England team in particular. I suspect that if their hard-working members trained with idle, feckless footballers they'd be on their knees within a couple of hours. The England football squad donate their appearance money to charidee, incidentally.

By cycloon
Tubby Isaacs wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/220058

Oh man. I almost wish we'd lost the cricket now it's made this cunt happy.

If footballers would be better if they were paid less, why doesn't this apply to Sir Philip Green and the like? Why are these traditional values only a good thing in sport?

The bit about Bresnan is the best. Like a Tommie apparently. As if people who never won the Ashes (including Stewart, Atherton, Hussain and Fraser) were all conchies. Possibly they just played against better Australian players.
The money thing is bullshit and peculiar, for two reasons:

1) Any team in football that has won anything at the top level will be made up of people earning massive amounts. See any World Cup winning nation in the past 30 years. I'm not sure why people can't understand that.
2) Moneymoneymoney is the Express's creed! Or one of them. But it's fine when a businessman makes loads. But not okay for people to have mega bonuses. Or for footballers. Etc.

Bresnan was essentially treated like a poor Yorkshire chap who has done very well good lad salt of the earth etc. All well intentioned, but it seems, absurdly patronising and contrary to his apparent stoic and quiet nature, being a Yorkshireman etc etc.

By bluebellnutter
Tubby Isaacs wrote:They also forget that Australia are weak at the moment. I'm watching SA v India and I reckon both of these teams would beat England.
You're forgetting of course that England earned a draw in South Africa only 12 months ago. And I think India outside India are a much weaker team.

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
It's not mentioned until paragraph 119 that Honeyford was a regular contributor to the Daily Mail. His favourite topic (or at least what he was commissioned to write about) could be summed up as: "What about the whites?" Although he claimed to believe in making race invisible by treating all pupils the same, in fact his philosophy made people from ethnic minorities invisible by treating them as if they were (or should be) white.

I remember one of his columns asked why the PC brigade didn't think it was racist that all the athletes in a sprint race were black. And what was the difference between that, and the fact that the whole of a company boardroom or of Mrs Thatcher's cabinet was white? This type of ahistorical, anti-scientific argument — that inequality happens by chance, or by 'genetics' — allows racism to appear natural and immutable, and to thrive. If multiculturalism has 'failed' (and I don't believe it has), it's because people like Honeyford never gave it a chance.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:As they walk out on strike again today... Firemen are heroic but the emotional blackmail of their union hides the fact they're very underworked

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z2kVbxKAmP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is good that some trades are underworked.

The alternative:

"Thank you for dialling 999, you currently 4th in a queue. We wil send an appliance to your incident once the previous 3 are resolved.
Try not to catch fire or inhale any poisonous fumes in the meantime".
The Trump Presidency

Not just satirists Nancy Pelosi has said the same […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can anyone spot the flaws in this plan? https:/[…]

The Group of Seven

Does anyone, anyone at all, see any strategic po[…]

The Sun

We reckon climbing trees is a lot more character-[…]