Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He also misses the fact that fire prevention, safety awareness education and equipment maintenance take up much of their time. It's not all sliding down poles and going on 'shouts'.

Today I met our county chief fire officer. He was explaining to a council committee that we have one water response unit, based in Rugby. Earlier this year it was sent to an incident in Alcester, on the other side of the county. In daylight, on a working day. The arrived in 25 minutes - check the distance on a map. That's what all those drills and equipment checks mean.

I also like how Leo acknowledges the effects of the 'elf and safety' culture on reducing fires and other accidents, without ever using the phrase.
Last edited by Andy McDandy on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
The contradictory life of Comrade Bob: Loved by his members, loathed by the public. A bruiser with charm who lived in a council house while enjoying the high-life

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2vjShYFu4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By Andy McDandy
I see he used the firefighters again. Once again, they're only attending X amount of fires a year. Well, that implies that all that prevention work is paying off. And would you really want them paid by number of fires tackled? Doesn't take a genius to see the flaw with that plan...

Anyway, unions. Yes, membership is down. But that's to do with changes to employment in general, perceptions of ineffectiveness, and decades of emasculation. By your mates, Leo.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
Anti-austerity rant of UN envoy who compares 'mean' Britain to communist China is another demolition job on the UK... funded with our own cash!

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... China.html
I would argue that Professor Alston and his team, although independent human rights experts, are marinated in progressive orthodoxies, and went into their investigation with their script about ‘Tory cuts’ already written.

Dressing up their preconceived notions as new evidence, I believe they have simply regurgitated what they were told by Left-wing activists and lobbyists.

More spending, more welfare, and more taxes are, of course, the UN’s solution to the supposed soaring levels of poverty they have identified.

Meanwhile, they have totally ignored the other side of the story – that, for all its flaws, modern Britain is a remarkable success story, combining economic growth with dynamic enterprise and a strong civic infrastructure.
By Andy McDandy
Hey, how can India be claiming international aid when they've got a space programme?

Hell yeah, you tell 'em!

How can Britain have pockets of gross deprivation when we've got the Shard and Megan Markle?

Erm...

It's a funny old world where the Government is m[…]

Germany's Heute Show has another look at Brexit af[…]

Mark Francois MP

Hadn't seen him for a week. I assumed either he[…]

The Brexit Party

Either the YouGov poll yesterday was a massive […]