Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Danson's Forehead
Membership Days
In my fevered mind, I dimly recalled there being a thread on Martin Samuel, the Mail's hairy voice of reason. However, I can find no such thing, and therefore am starting one.

His latest column is here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... -hate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And it's jolly good stuff, at least by Mail standards. Is he kept on purely so the Mail can claim to be balanced? Anyways, his presence on that site almost makes me hopeful for humanity. Almost.
By Adam
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Yeah, he's pretty good. Don't always agree (though I frequently do) with him but he can form and defend an argument, which is surely the primary job of a columnist. And I suspect he'd see disagreement with him as nothing to get upset about, so he's streets ahead of Mel Philips, P Hitchens and Captain Scotchegg right there.

He was good at the Times. I can only assumed he's jumped ship for the paycheck which is, in the long run, a good thing as it at least means we can read him without having to pay.
By SoulBoy
Membership Days Posts
I believe Martin has just described the standard of reporting at the Daily Mail to a tee, I may have a new signature -
Random contributions lifted from website forums have replaced reasoned thought. A lazy journalist can select a few incendiary comments and concoct a controversy out of it, as if the outrage is real or meaningful.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1E7LZzLGX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
By KingOfCarrotFlowers
Membership Days
The comments are pure platinum. I love the fact that Queen Sarah is such an icon to these people, her every flaw overlooked because she's a fire breathing, lefty hatin' retard. That she has strode across the atlantic with her reputation intact is testament to the enduring ludicrousness and impudence of right wingers across the globe.
By Adam
KingOfCarrotFlowers wrote:The comments are pure platinum. I love the fact that Queen Sarah is such an icon to these people, her every flaw overlooked because she's a fire breathing, lefty hatin' retard. That she has strode across the atlantic with her reputation intact is testament to the enduring ludicrousness and impudence of right wingers across the globe.
Excellent username you've chosen there. Hello.
By satnav
With Littlejohn becoming a theatre critic for the night it looks like Samuel's has been given the job of chief cunt for the evening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... drink.html

On the basis of one mistake by a young member of staff at an Off License and an incident where Martin was held up at an airport he reaches the conclusion that most people working in the service sector are thick.
By sporran
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn-esque garbage in this column today.

Gay hero? Surely there's only one man to herald football's watershed moment... step forward Joey Barton
So here’s a thought. Joey Barton continues his quest for intellectual and social respectability. Why not come out as gay?

Instant credibility, instant respect, untouchable by the Football Association or future employers. His past misdeeds mentally reprocessed and explained.

‘Well, of course he put his cigar out in that bloke’s face, Gary. He was a tortured soul, forced to live a lie.’

And imagine the new material. A never-ending treasure trove for Barton’s Twitter feed: Alexander the Great, Leonardo da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Lady Bunny.
And, let’s face it, with that new accent, he’s probably halfway there.
On the one hand, he seems to be arguing in all seriousness that there isn't a problem with homophobia in football, and then on the other is inferring that all those things at the end there, well you're probably gay if you're into all that sort of stuff eh?
Mark Francois MP

Just had a look at his Wiki page. A stint at Lloyd[…]

Boris Johnson

Wouldn't it be good if newspapers had an imposed p[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suspect this has come about becasue the trigger […]

GE 2020

You've a knack for getting right to the heart of t[…]