•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
we see a generation growing up around us hopelessly addicted to the internet — unable to spell or read maps, incapable of distinguishing between truth and fake news, swept along and battered by every passing Twitterstorm. Permanently plugged into electronic devices and antisocial media, they seem increasingly cut off from human interaction in what we once thought of as the real world.

Christ, that is peak Daily Mail. Exactly, word for word, what the Mailites parrot.

incapable of distinguishing between truth and fake news
That's a bit bloody rich, too.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Thing is, all these dickheads need to do is watch something like University Challenge (other young-person based Quiz Shows available) and see if they can keep up with the contestants.

That should quickly show them that these millennial types aren't simply sitting there flicking through The FaceTwit on their SmartGimzo or reading The Canary on the interwebs on their Apple iTablet. They are, on the most part, educating themselves and learning new things at a rate and keenness that the sneering, thick, ignorant-and-proud Daily Mail types could ever dream of.

They're smarter, more open minded, more educated and enlightened than some ranting baby boomer ever was. Some of that, much of it even, is down to the fact they embrace and utilise the technology available to them rather than fear it and sneer at it.
youngian, Andy McDandy, Samanfur and 1 others liked this

By Boiler
This formed part of a discussion I had with my nephew, who's been a secondary-school teacher for some years now.

He said that even in the time he's been teaching, students have become more focussed and better disciplined than when he was at school - and he's 37 this year. Good God, when I was at secondary school in the 70s my particular school had a terrible reputation - several 'gymslip mothers' for starters - and at one time was involved in organised fights with other schools in car parks FFS.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
TOM UTLEY: My beloved blind dad, a 'shouty lady' in a wheelchair and why I think a deaf woman suing over a Little Mix concert she couldn't hear is being unreasonable
By Tom Utley for the Daily Mail
A signer was provided, but not for the full concert. For once, I agree with Utley. Signing can't add much to a concert. Just the lyrics, not the music.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nable.html

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:16 pm
TOM UTLEY: My beloved blind dad, a 'shouty lady' in a wheelchair and why I think a deaf woman suing over a Little Mix concert she couldn't hear is being unreasonable
By Tom Utley for the Daily Mail
A signer was provided, but not for the full concert. For once, I agree with Utley. Signing can't add much to a concert. Just the lyrics, not the music.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nable.html
Some concerts, you'd prefer not to hear.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
They're really going after Jennifer Lawrence at the moment.

Jan:

JAN MOIR: The bare cheek of Hollywood 'feminists' like Jennifer Lawrence
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... e-Jen.html

And also Tom:

TOM UTLEY: What a great idea! Bunking off work for a year so I can 'fix democracy'. God knows it needs help
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... cracy.html

As for today’s fashionable cause, this seems to be protecting women from unwelcome advances — though it beats me how men are supposed to know whether or not an overture is welcome until they’ve tried it.

Heaven knows, we chaps should back off when we’re told to. But we live in an age in which a brush on a young woman’s knee — ‘so fleeting as to be deniable’ — was enough to set off a chain of events that cost a Cabinet minister his job.

I know I’m not the only man or woman who finds that chilling.

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
It's remarkable in these days of PC Gorn Mad and suppression of free speech you can still draw a wage writing increasingly histrionic takes on the idea that not touching women who aren't up for it is an affront to your masculinity

By youngian
Membership Days Posts

Today, it seems obligatory for every actor and actress — like every BBC comedian — to sign up to the same off-the-shelf, achingly politically correct opinions. Is no one in the entertainment profession capable of independent thought? Or are they just afraid they won’t get work unless they parrot identical, Lefty views?

They're in the empathy business Tom
The Brexit Party

Richard Tice is sueing Femi. Lance Foreman is on […]

He'd be worse because he's got a sense of himself […]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

It seems that establishing an independant process […]

Boris Johnson

Best summary I've seen today - https://twitter.c[…]