Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By ACG
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
is coming to the mail in one month...brace for impact everyone, perticually on the letters t, u, c and n on your keyboard.
By ACG
he was on this morning this...morning, i didn't catch the start of the segment (which oddly enough, involved mackenzie being a massive cunt, this time about teachers) but the sign off when it was over was a casual exchange of; "so when do you start at the mail kelvin?", "all going well, about a month".

By bluebellnutter
Why is it when I found this out my mind immediately cut to that Charlie Brookers Newswipe skit of the two shit monsters wrestling over London?
By mattomac
Tubby Isaacs wrote:The Guardian points out that Kenny Dalglish writes for the Mail. He won't be happy, though would probably be giving up anyway.

The press coverage was difficult to comprehend, particularly the publication of pictures which added to people’s distress. There was one photograph of two girls right up against the Leppings Lane fence, their faces pressed into the wire. Nobody knows how they escaped. They used to come to Melwood every day, looking for autographs, and that photograph upset everyone there because we knew them. After seeing that I couldn’t look at the papers again.

When the Sun came out with the story about Liverpool fans being drunk and unruly, underneath a headline ‘The Truth,’ the reaction on Merseyside was one of complete outrage. Newsagents stopped stocking the Sun. People wouldn’t mention its name. They were burning copies of it. Anyone representing the Sun was abused. Sun reporters and photographers would lie, telling people they worked for the Liverpool Post and Echo. There was a lot of harassment of them because of what had been written. The Star had gone a bit strong as well but they apologised the next day. They knew the story had no foundation. Kelvin MacKenzie, the Sun’s editor, even called me up.

“How can we correct the situation?” he said.

“You know that big headline – ‘The Truth’?” I replied. “All you have to do is put ‘We lied’ in the same size. Then you might be all right.”

Mackenzie said: “I cannot do that.”

“Well,” I replied, “I cannot help you then.”

That was it. I put the phone down.
Merseysiders were outraged by the Sun. A great many still are.
From Kenny's autobiography....Says it all about Mr Mackenzie really, and he's re-egged on his apolgy several times, he is a horrible man who should have been shamed out of journalism when it was proven that he lied but he still appears on everywhere and anywhere shouting his gob off about stuff he doesn't know anything about. He's not changed.
By satnav
I think we need to get some comments on Littlejohn's column tomorrow telling him he needs to start to raise is game now that Mackenzie is about to join the paper.

I wonder if Littlejohn is starting to tout for a job at the Express, his article on Tuesday about France merging with parts of England was based on a story first flagged up by the Express a few months ago.
Boris Johnson

Johnson is now saying that he is not going to re[…]

The LibDems, generally

Is Swinson safe from the SNP in her seat? She ou[…]

The Sun

The actions of them lately, along with the Mail wi[…]

I saw that Goodwin has gone after Cameron, which m[…]