Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
In what feels like a bit of a rare move, the Daily Mail have covered the sacking:

Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie will leave the paper after column comparing Everton and England ace Ross Barkley to a 'gorilla'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... paper.html

Top Rated comments:
patriot46, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
PC undermines common sense once again.
+124 -75
Bonzo20, Grantham, United Kingdom, 58 minutes ago
In this country of free speech, be careful what you say Kelvin. Your bound to upset someone.
+120 -86

Utter twats.

Reckon he may be snapped up by the Mail? Too toxic, I reckon. But then again, that didn't stop them throwing money at Hopkins after she was disgraced.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Reminds me of the exchange between a Radio 4 presenter and Stephen Glover during their end of year review for 2015:

R4 person: "So Katie Hopkins called the refugees cockroaches and after a backlash was sacked by the Sun..."

Glover: "Yes, absolutely. An appalling thing to say. Quite right of the Sun."

R4 person: "...and she was promptly hired by the Daily Mail."

I think the Mail know that due to the Sun's rubbish web presence, the Mail Online is the natural home of the internet cunt. The print paper may still be for Sid and Doris Bonkers in Peterborough, but the online version has an audience all of its own.
By Andy McDandy
There's nothing else he can really do, and you don't spend that long in the news business without getting enough dirt/leverage on people to call in a few favours when needed.

As Jane Moore once said of tabloid journalists, "We never forget".

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:He'll be back. There are certain careers - and positions within them - where life just becomes a merry-go-round: see also, football managers.
MacKenzie is a minor player though and Murdoch operates the Jeremy Corbyn school of management where no one in charge takes responsibility.
By Andy McDandy
Aye but also remember the saying "You never stop working for Murdoch".

It goes down a long way too - I know someone who used to be a reporter for the Sun, and is now a freelance photographer. A few weeks ago I got into a discussion with her and several others on some thing the Sun had cooked/cocked up, and she was instantly on the defensive - "It was a minor mistake and nobody reads papers any more", "Whatever the case they're people and don't deserve criticism for doing their jobs", right up to "Phone hacking was never a thing and a lot of good people lost their jobs when the left forced the NOTW to fold" (it kinda escalated). All I'll say is that the guy inspires loyalty. Whether or not it's reciprocated though...
Jeremy Hunt

he has taken to wearing a US style union jack […]

Boris Johnson

When you put it like that. Not sure I’m li[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

He was asked about that on TV this morning, and as[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If only Kier had stood for leader in 2015. He[…]