•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Paul
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
"I understand that your lunchtime constitutionals last for several hours and then you go home. YOU are probably more of a menace to other pedestrians and road users than cyclists. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3GXKoahSL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Heffer's solution to beating UKIP is for Cameron to offer a vote on the EU.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... -year.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meanwhile Simon shows his humane side
Of course, it is inhumane to suggest that illegal immigrants should not be rescued from drowning if the boats in which they try to escape to Europe capsize or break apart in the middle of the Mediterranean.
But the authorities should take the survivors back to North Africa, whence they came, not land them in Europe where they can begin new lives at the expense of taxpayers.
And instead of the British Government paying ‘El Dorado’-style benefits to those who make it here, shouldn’t they be placed in holding camps while waiting to be airlifted back to the continent?
Yeah send them back to where they came from where's a good chance they could die that's the humane solution

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
SIMON HEFFER: 'Savage cuts'? You ain't seen nothing yet
The polls suggest we are heading again for a hung parliament, and I have yet to meet a Tory MP who wants another coalition. So the Tories need to unveil a strategy on how they would spend less of your money as a minority government, and dare other parties to expose themselves as reckless by refusing to support such cuts.
Is he serious? The Libdems won't be a factor after the election and the SNP certainly won't support the Tories.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z3JAw0K5NZ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
As if Ed Miliband didn’t already have enough problems with his ill-conceived mansion tax — Labour councillors in London are warning him of electoral meltdown if he persists — it now seems it would harm the vulnerable, too.
Professor Lord Winston, one of our most distinguished scientists and a Labour supporter, says the tax will inevitably hit charitable giving.
Whenever Labour raises taxes on the so-called rich, the poor inevitably suffer. Apart from the politics of envy, why are they still so determined to do it.
I reckon Heffer will be one of those affected by the mansion tax

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Well, if the Guardian-reading classes think we’ve suffered an excess of austerity since 2010, I have a message for them, and indeed the rest of the country: you ain’t seen nothing yet.

We may have encouraging news of economic recovery, growth, and falling unemployment, which all suggest the darkest days for Britain’s finances are over. But the truth is that the UK’s debt is far worse than it was when the Coalition took over.
Well that might come some way to explain why employment and growth hasn't fallen as far as Spain, Greece and Ireland. Or so we're told by 'Guardian-reading class' commentators like Simon Heffer every other week.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Whenever Labour raises taxes on the so-called rich, the poor inevitably suffer
Note that this is the exact same as the Tories - the only difference being that with Labour, the rich 'suffer' as well. or as I like to put it, pay their fair share so the burden on the less well off can actually be reduced rather than trying to siphon off everything they have to save millionaires a few pence in the pound.

Heffer really is an appalling man. You can feel the contempt radiating from him, like a convection heater accidentally set to 'insufferable cunt'.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Whenever Labour raises taxes on the so-called rich, the poor inevitably suffer
Note that this is the exact same as the Tories - the only difference being that with Labour, the rich 'suffer' as well. or as I like to put it, pay their fair share so the burden on the less well off can actually be reduced rather than trying to siphon off everything they have to save millionaires a few pence in the pound.

Heffer really is an appalling man. You can feel the contempt radiating from him, like a convection heater accidentally set to 'insufferable cunt'.
Indeed he comes across as a pompous , arrogant man utterly disdainful of others

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Given the useless job Vince Cable’s grandly named Department for Business, Innovation and Skills has done on untangling red tape, it should be absorbed into the Foreign Office. As for the Culture, Media and Sport department, I’m not sure it does anything that couldn’t be done by the Home Office.
No evidence offered up from Heffer that these ideas have a connection with any reality.

Or this observation
Tony Abbott, Australia’s admirable prime minister

By Agnes
Membership Days Posts
'The Guardian-reading classes.' As if underprivileged people are all perfectly happy to live from one underpaid zero-hours contract to the next, relying on food banks and pay-day lenders, and the only folk complaining about it are quinoa-slugging homosexual hipsters like Polly Toynbee.

EDIT: AFAIK Polly Toynbee is neither a hipster nor a homosexual. And I have no idea if she likes quinoa. I was trying to get as many Guardian stereotypes into one statement as possible, and being incoherent and factually incorrect comes with the territory there.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Posts
Messianic Trees wrote:My friend may be an arrogant idiot... but he's not evil

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z3KLbLNs5v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poor Andrew Mitchell.
True, he's not evil - but he is unfortunately an arrogant idiot. So not really ideal ministerial material, eh Simon?

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Messianic Trees wrote:My friend may be an arrogant idiot... but he's not evil

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z3KLbLNs5v" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poor Andrew Mitchell.
True, he's not evil - but he is unfortunately an arrogant idiot. So not really ideal ministerial material, eh Simon?
Of course he's evil. He is a tory.

As an Englishman, I can't argue with any of that. […]

Makes me laugh the way banks like Nationwide (with[…]

The Trump Presidency

With the election just over 18 months off, the Dem[…]

Mark Francois MP

Stupidity is the achilles heel of liberal democrac[…]