•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:He really is a repulsive old bigot.
He seems mostly to just be highlighting his incredible lack of intelligence and curiosity. He seems to base all his judgements on the Dacre-ised selection of facts presented by the media (see his total misunderstanding of the application of Sharia law in the UK as an excellent example). For someone who's previous role arguably requires them to be one of the greatest theological minds in the country, it's really a very sad indictment of the Church of England as well as Lord Cunty as an individual.

By Ebon Badger
Membership Days
Former arch-bishop? Does this mean he left, or was kicked out? If he was retired, they'd say, so it must be something else. I'd wiki him, but I CBA.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Timbo wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:He really is a repulsive old bigot.
He seems mostly to just be highlighting his incredible lack of intelligence and curiosity. He seems to base all his judgements on the Dacre-ised selection of facts presented by the media (see his total misunderstanding of the application of Sharia law in the UK as an excellent example). For someone who's previous role arguably requires them to be one of the greatest theological minds in the country, it's really a very sad indictment of the Church of England as well as Lord Cunty as an individual.
See also the Pope.

By Messianic Trees
Membership Days Posts
As a judge bans prayers at council meetings, a former Archbishop of Canterbury warns that our faith is under siege

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... z1m3nXRfeb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The headline at the top of the Wrong Minds section of Mail Online is even worse:

As prayers are banned at council meetings, the essence of Britishness is under threat

I really can't be bothered with the article, but I scrolled to the end to see it's a blatant advert for:
We Don't Do God: The Marginalisation Of Public Faith by George Carey and Andrew Carey is published by Lion Hudson at £8.99. To order a copy at £7.99 (p&p free), call 0843 382 0000.

By Northerly Swell
Membership Days
I can (unfortunately) just picture the ads, starring an oiled up Kelvin MacKenzie and Littlejohn .....
Thanks for that image nowimplanted into my mind's eye. I will need the blind oblivion of the finest wines known to humanity to allow sleep tonight.

[youtube]6m6LhZJdCQY[/youtube]
By Big Rob
As a judge bans prayers at council meetings, a former Archbishop of Canterbury warns that our faith is under siege

Meanwhile, someone who believes there is a teapot orbiting Neptune receives his thorazine.....

This sack of shit should be defrocked and outed as the fraud he is. :)
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The judgment is being seen as a test case, which could leave councils across the country unable to hold their traditional prayers. This will deny Christians the right to prayer — and affect non-Christians, many of whom appreciate the time for reflection that prayers offer in their otherwise hectic lives.
I give Carey credit for enough intelligence to know that that is a load of bollox. Councils can hold traditional prayers as much as they want to, so long as they are not part of the agenda for official council meetings. No Christian is being denied a right to prayer. So, if he knows it's not true, he's blatantly and deliberately lying - possibly in some sort of weird defence of Christianity, possibly because he knows it will appeal to Mail readers and help to sell his book. Either way, there is simply no moral justification for it.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Thanks for that, Abers. As is well known, I hav[…]

General Election 2019 prediction thread

Post-election PM: Johnson Party which gains mos[…]

2019 General Election

Yeah, the wording and the speed that it was taken […]

The Brexit Party

Do a quick concept analysis on 'Bigotry against […]