•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Posts
I think the problem with Carey crying wolf about the persecution of Christians in this country is that it takes attention away from the real persecution of Christians that does actually take place in many countries resulting in Christians being imprisoned or even killed for trying to practise their religious beliefs.
By ponce on the heath
Membership Days
satnav wrote:I think the problem with Carey crying wolf about the persecution of Christians in this country is that it takes attention away from the real persecution of Christians that does actually take place in many countries resulting in Christians being imprisoned or even killed for trying to practise their religious beliefs.
Those are dusky hook-nosed Christians, who probably wouldn't think twice about blowing something up if they thought it was remotely CofE. Please try and keep up :wink:

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
satnav wrote:I think the problem with Carey crying wolf about the persecution of Christians in this country is that it takes attention away from the real persecution of Christians that does actually take place in many countries resulting in Christians being imprisoned or even killed for trying to practise their religious beliefs.
It also disguises the long tradition of christians persecuting each other, in this country and abroad. Northern Ireland and Glasgow have never been hotbeds of secular violence against christians.
By Big Rob
How can it be a hate crime to show your faith in Christ?
Chillingly, Christians like those who go to Strasbourg today above have been sacked and disciplined for expressing their views. Roman Catholic adoption agencies have been forced to close or conform under the notorious Sexual Orientation Regulations of 2007, which decreed that Catholic adoption agencies could no longer follow their faith convictions by placing children with married couples, and have to allow homosexual couples to adopt, too.
Yes, the like of shitbags like you have got away with that shit for 2000 years.

Faith conviction does not mean you can impose your values on others. If showing faith in Christ (or any other god including Allah) means that you discriminate against a group that does not seek to harm others then you are a piece of shit.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
How does someone as stupid as this get to be Archbishop of Canterbury? Surely he knows full well that none of his little victims have been sacked for expressing their views, they have been disciplined for using their imaginary friend as an excuse for failing to do the jobs they are paid to do and refusing to follow the instructions their employers have a perfect right to give. And despite presumably being reasonably familiar with the tenets of his faith, nowhere does he get to grips with the fact that there is nothing which enjoins Christians to have crosses prominently on display.
By Fozzy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I've just made myself hoarse shouting at the radio when the utterly stupid Ms Eweida was being interviewed. At least we got her answer to one question which has been puzzling me, viz why she says it is not enough to wear her cross inside her clothes: in her view that would amount to an denial of her god and she would no longer have her guaranteed path to heaven. The trouble is, that gives rise to all sorts of further questions which she didn't answer, e.g. how she reconciles that with what the bible has to say about eschewing ostentatious displays and adornment, and is she seriously saying that, say, Christians who really cannot do this for safety reasons are doomed to eternal damnation. She was of course relying on the stupid argument about people of other faiths being allowed to wear turbans etc at work, and clearly was not demonstrating any Christian tolerance to those faiths herself.

The one consolation was that that pratt Ferrari couldn't get any sensible answer from her to his questions about how she would feel if she did or did not win the case - all he got was a load of guff about how she would trust in the Lord who loved her blah blah blah.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Matthew 6:5 wrote:And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matthew 6:6 wrote:But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secretB shall reward thee openly
Jeremy Hunt

he has taken to wearing a US style union jack […]

Boris Johnson

When you put it like that. Not sure I’m li[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

He was asked about that on TV this morning, and as[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If only Kier had stood for leader in 2015. He[…]