•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Funny he should mention Thatcher and her speeches. The way she talked in 1975 was completely transformed when she became Prime Minister, yet the Ledge is, if anything, even worse now than previous. He's incapable of saying a single sentence without stuttering, stumbling or repeating himself yet for some reason the Tory PR machine has failed to do anything about it .

By The Red Arrow
davidjay wrote:Funny he should mention Thatcher and her speeches. The way she talked in 1975 was completely transformed when she became Prime Minister, yet the Ledge is, if anything, even worse now than previous. He's incapable of saying a single sentence without stuttering, stumbling or repeating himself yet for some reason the Tory PR machine has failed to do anything about it .
That would involve Alex having to put some work in and apply himself to something. Not going to happen, is it?

By Boiler
davidjay wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:20 pm
He's incapable of saying a single sentence without stuttering, stumbling or repeating himself yet for some reason the Tory PR machine has failed to do anything about it .
But that's the persona he seeks to curate.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Watchman wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:29 am
Just substitute elocution lessons for IT lessons, I'm sure that would get de Piffles attention
At one time we at the Gifted and Talented Unit were considering funding elocution training for exceptionally intelligent working-class kids. It can make a serious difference.

By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:54 am
As George Bernard Shaw famously said, it takes an Englishman only to open his mouth for another Englishman to despise him.
I wonder how much that's an evolutionary defence mechanism.
One look at Rees Mogg in his Monopoly Man cosplay and my hackles are up.
Maybe not as irrational as it sounds, considering that his types sent my types to die by the thousands in no-man's land.

They're killing us again through defunding welfare and monetizing the Covid crisis.
That's a little recent to generate an evolved response.
The Tories, Generally

https://i.postimg.cc/28p36911/El-Fmv-e-Wk-AEn-Edm[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Too many 'hate to say I told you so' tweets to cho[…]

Labour, Generally.

Was The Sainted Jeremy ever twenty points ahead?

Matthew Goodwin

Encapsulated neatly in a post I read elsewhere in […]