Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By ezinra
Membership Days Posts
You may remember Brick from the previous rubbish she's written in the Mail. She enjoys being a doormat for her ridiculous alpha-male husband. She doesn't get on with other women. And she's back:

'There are downsides to looking this pretty': Why women hate me for being beautiful
If you’re a woman reading this, I’d hazard that you’ve already formed your own opinion about me — and it won’t be very flattering.
Judging by the comments, that should be "if you're a human being reading this".
I’m not smug and I’m no flirt… I don’t drink or smoke, I work out, even when I don’t feel like it, and very rarely succumb to chocolate. … I have written in the Mail on how I have flirted to get ahead at work, something I’m sure many women do.
Not very good with self-awareness either.
And it is not just jealous wives who have frozen me out of their lives. Insecure female bosses have also barred me from promotions at work.

And most poignantly of all, not one girlfriend has ever asked me to be her bridesmaid.
My eyes have gone all damp.

Why does the Mail publish this tripe? There are two answers. One, it winds up the female readership, confirming Brick's view that women are innately jealous of one another and given to bitching, catfighting, handbagging or whatever cliché comes to mind. Two, Brick serves as a fantasy woman for the retro male readership: decorative, submissive, and utterly dependent on men for her self-esteem.
They publish this rubbish to ensure lots of lovely hits on the online site.

I don't normally write comments but this article was so outrageous, I just had to. I don't judge on looks, but this writer seems so deluded, I thought perhaps she needed a reality check. Sorry if this sounds mean, but the writer is not that attractive. In fact, she is only marginally ok looking. Her arrogance, however, is breathtaking. Perhaps the reason that other women don't like her is because she comes across as an unlikeable self-obsessed narcissist?
- annie, Toronto, Canada, 3/4/2012 5:05
Click to rate Rating 6296
By Tom_UK
Membership Days Posts
I'd hazard a guess that people that if people take a dislike to her, it may actually be because she's vain, vacuous, and seemingly completely lacking in any kind of modesty or humility.
‘They don’t realise you are just as vulnerable as they are. It’s hard when everyone resents you for your looks. Men think “what’s the point, she’s out of my league” and don’t ask you out.
Doesn't this totally contradict her complaint at the start of the article that she is constantly being badgered by randy airline captains?

She is the new Liz Jones, this is a wind up, and I claim my £10.
Mark Francois MP

Just had a look at his Wiki page. A stint at Lloyd[…]

Boris Johnson

Wouldn't it be good if newspapers had an imposed p[…]

Labour, Generally.

I suspect this has come about becasue the trigger […]

GE 2020

You've a knack for getting right to the heart of t[…]