•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:I was a big fan when I was about 8. She wore leather catsuits which I found quite interesting.
And she played the bass, which I also find quite interesting. See also: Deal, Kim; Advert, Gaye and Weymouth, Tina.

All of whom may well have done more for feminism (because, you know, they rock) then Julie sodding Burchill.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
D.C. Harrison wrote:
oboogie wrote:I was a big fan when I was about 8. She wore leather catsuits which I found quite interesting.
And she played the bass, which I also find quite interesting. See also: Deal, Kim; Advert, Gaye and Weymouth, Tina.

All of whom may well have done more for feminism (because, you know, they rock) then Julie sodding Burchill.
Gaye's early years are not best dwelled upon. Google images, the swastika on the headstock - they're enough to cause more than a little discomfort but the last thirty years have more than made up for that with strong artwork and curating exhibitions of young peoples' work in her home borough. The point is though that she quit while she was ahead.

TV Smith, her hubby, is still doing 200 shows a year and there really is no excuse for missing him next time he is in town. He's as relevant today as he's ever been.

As a professional punk, however, Joolz would struggle to agitate a mayonnaise these days.
By Big Rob
Ms Burchill may well be right that Suzi Quatro is a hypocrite. Good on you Julie.

Now, how about highlighting the hypocrisy that adorns the newspaper you write for.

If we are not to think that you realized, like so many mail columnists do, that you are not that talented after all but are prepared to take Dacre's cash then highlighting the mail's hypocrisy is an absolute must.

Highlighting the hypocrisy of the mail will show you are being consistent. Otherwise, you will be demonstrating, the rather delicious irony, that you are are fuckwitted hypocrite blasting others for their hypocrisy.

There is really nowhere for you to turn.

Unless you are happy with being a hypocrite who brazenly accuses other of hypocrisy.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
I've given away £250,000 in five years... and I don't regret a penny: Is Julie Burchill Britain's most generous woman or just the most irritatingly spendthrift and smug?

No. Yes.
So why do I feel the need to give away my hard-earned cash?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2ETXtmRAT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Oh to be a journalist and to be so over paid that you give money away. Then to be in the delightful position to be able to write about your good deeds and to make the readers feel a) jealous b) guilty c) desperately sad that they are on the minimum wage and would if they could but they can't d) suicidal e) can you send me a grand for Christmas --- please, I would be so grateful.
- Anna, London, 9/12/2012 2:17
Click to rate Rating 14
She writes articles like this, and still has a spare £50,000 a year left over? How do I get a job with the DM?
- Alfred, London, United Kingdom, 8/12/2012 15:49
Click to rate Rating 47
A reminder of how overpaid (and smug) even the most average newspaper columnist is.
- Jon Marx, Warwick, United Kingdom, 8/12/2012 7:13
Click to rate Rating 297
By Moir's Wig
Membership Days
Burchill vs her bulge! Bon viveur JULIE BURCHILL has long despised dieters. But here, with typically caustic wit, she tells why she's finally declared war on her flab By Julie Burchill
PUBLISHED: 20:41, 2 January 2013 | UPDATED: 20:41, 2 January 2013
I've printed off her photo and stuck it on the fridge. I've also stuck one on the mantlepiece to keep the kids away from the fire.
- Old Tyke, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 2/1/2013 22:46
Click to rate Rating 109
By TonyHoyle
Membership Days
She does appear to have crossed a line or three this time around..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greensl ... ransgender" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OTOH as an exercise in getting more people to read your rantings, and getting a reputation as 'controversial', it's right up there..
By Big Rob
Julie Burchill wrote:In her column, Burchill wrote of transgender people as "screaming mimis", "bed-wetters in bad wigs" and "dicks in chicks' clothing". She added that "the very vociferous transsexual lobby and their grim groupies" reminded her of "wretched inner-city kids who shoot another inner-city kid dead in a fast-food shop for not showing them enough 'respect'".
Yes she did (cross a line) and then some.

Suzanne Moore crossed the line..... ahh well.....

He's been denying that for about a decade now […]

The EDL

Met police pay out £700,000 to detained an[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Or, arguably, with them.

The LibDems, generally

I can't say Jo Swinson's ever floated my boat but […]