Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
Surprised no-one has mentioned it before but she seems to be the latest perve target. At least two articles a day. Wouldn't have thought she was Mail Bait. Papa Doc's new crush?
By Carlos The Badger
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:She's an odd choice for the Mail over-age, not plastic and naturally pretty - not their type at all.
Indeed. And quite a few comments say that she's not their type and why is the Mail printing pics of her - probably because they know she'd punch their lights out if they tried any of their pervey ways with her.

I'll tell you what, though. She doesn't look AT ALL comfortable in dem posh frocks.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
I've never watched Twiglet and know little of her, but I saw her interviewed once by Jonathan Ross and noted that she cut his drooling dead which endeared her to me.
The only acting I've ever seen her do was playing the young Joan Jett in The Runaways and she was easily the best thing in it.
I get the impression she's not very taken with playing the young Hollywood starlet game - I like her attitude.

By D.C. Harrison
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:I've never watched Twiglet and know little of her, but I saw her interviewed once by Jonathan Ross and noted that she cut his drooling dead which endeared her to me.
The only acting I've ever seen her do was playing the young Joan Jett in The Runaways and she was easily the best thing in it.
I'd forgotten she was in that. I thought Michael Shannon as Kim Fowley was great.

As for Stewart, I guess she's an easy target to put the boot into when needed, as she broke the heart of that fine English gent, Robert Pattinson. Brazen American hussey!

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
I'm not sure if I'm talking about the right person.

If this is the miserable looking girl from the Twilight posters, I'm not really aware of her work.
However I believe she will be appearing in the coming adaptation of On the Road.

I hold out high hopes for that film, though I suspect a huge disappointment awaits.
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
There was a piece by Kate Muir in the Times yesterday claiming that Kirsten is a feminist icon, on the grounds that she's opened the doors for female-led franchise films (such as Hunger Games). Not much mention of the frankly bizarre sexual attitudes expressed in the Twlight behemoth though.

By cycloon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I don't really buy people becoming an 'icon' by virtue of simply being in a role. If she had done something far more specific to her persona, her own life etc, involved with feminism, then yes. But one can pin the icon badge on even the unwilling, let alone the ill-suited, so I'm talking rot as ever.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
cycloon wrote:I don't really buy people becoming an 'icon' by virtue of simply being in a role. If she had done something far more specific to her persona, her own life etc, involved with feminism, then yes. But one can pin the icon badge on even the unwilling, let alone the ill-suited, so I'm talking rot as ever.
It's the same failure to distinguish between the actress and the character she is playing that has led to Eastenders actors being assaulted on the Tube.
Ricky Gervais got two series of Extras out of that particular form of idiocy.

The trying to avoid Brexit game, dear fellow. I fe[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Skimming that, it looks like an improvement with g[…]

#weloveyoumeghan is trending. Bloody good job too.[…]

The Sun

It's unforgivable. No scrutiny, no impact assessme[…]