Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Is it just me, or are you weary of Dr Who stories? The incumbent actor, Matt Smith, says he’s quitting the role. Big deal!

Will the next occupant of the Tardis be black (Idris Elba?), a woman (Olivia Colman?) or two famous actors, John Hurt and Helen Mirren. Who cares?

The series is rubbish. Always has been. Always will be.

The stories are nonsense. The acting is pitiful. The special effects are dire.

well Mclie can go fuck right off
By Lord Brett
Membership Days Posts
You know you're dealing with a buffoon who has never seen the series when McLie says the effects are dire. The stories have been a bit shite this year, but the effects are state of the art.

The thing is, I'm also bored with the assorted Phil Space's and Glenda Slagg's of the press speculating about the new Who with not so much of a microscopic particle of a fact to share between them.

It's the press that's shit, not Dr. Who.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
LJB : Have you considered familiarising yourself with this board's "quote" function?

That's the thing that makes it easy to tell when you're repeating a bit of some other posting.

Just that it's quite helpful for the people you're expecting to read your posts.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:
McKay wrote:Is it just me, or are you weary of Dr Who stories? The incumbent actor, Matt Smith, says he’s quitting the role. Big deal!

Will the next occupant of the Tardis be black (Idris Elba?), a woman (Olivia Colman?) or two famous actors, John Hurt and Helen Mirren. Who cares?

The series is rubbish. Always has been. Always will be.

The stories are nonsense. The acting is pitiful. The special effects are dire.
well Mclie can go fuck right off
When you're quoting something, please help us by putting it in a quote box.

>simultaneous posting with Abernathy<

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Littlejohn's brain wrote:All right Malcolm and Abernathy. How exactly do you get a quote box round the quote?
The clue is in the word 'Quote' just above where you typed your message. Highlight the text you want to quote and click on it.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
At the bottom of thepost you're looking to quote from, there is a button marked "quote".
Just press it and it will quote the post for you. If you want to quote just part of the post, just delete the bits you don't want quoted.

It ain't rocket surgery.
By Lord Brett
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:For what it's worth I think Dr Who is the most utter shite and the biggest case of the Emperor's New Clothes on television.
Fair enough, it's not for eveyone, but since it came back the physical production has been excellent, on far less money than an equivalent American SF series. Apparently this is one reason why production has been so fraught over recent years.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Dr Who has the ultimate plot device; a machine that travels randomly in time and space which allows a blank canvas every week.

Thats the key to its longetivity and each storyling stands or falls on the writing. Some are very good, some mediocre and some made with Sylvester McCoy in the 1980s.

If you're the sort of person who sits in front of Sci Fi and fantasy saying 'that couldn't happen, what rubbish' or 'its stupid, there is no such thing as aliens' than Arthur Miller or Harold Pinter could write an episode and would make no difference to their opinion.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Posts
Lord Brett wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:For what it's worth I think Dr Who is the most utter shite and the biggest case of the Emperor's New Clothes on television.
Fair enough, it's not for eveyone, but since it came back the physical production has been excellent, on far less money than an equivalent American SF series. Apparently this is one reason why production has been so fraught over recent years.
Actually, I never much liked it, even as a kid. It's just one of those things that other people rave over, but I just don't get. My loss, they tell me...

(See also Torchwood)

As an Englishman, I can't argue with any of that. […]

Makes me laugh the way banks like Nationwide (with[…]

The Trump Presidency

With the election just over 18 months off, the Dem[…]

Mark Francois MP

Stupidity is the achilles heel of liberal democrac[…]