•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 am
Some depressed bit of NE England, full of those 'real' people she claims to speak for. Where you can still buy a house for under £30,000.
And I fear some of the creditors who may be owed money, - and are unlikely to see any money - may well be some of those same "real" people

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm
Boiler wrote:
Some depressed bit of NE England, full of those 'real' people she claims to speak for. Where you can still buy a house for under £30,000.
And I fear some of the creditors who may be owed money, - and are unlikely to see any money - may well be some of those same "real" people
I wonder what sort of people she'd owe money to. Legal fees, but then what?

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Reading the news that this A-hole has now entered into an IVA to stave off bankruptcy has made me burst out my violin - the one that is 92 micrometres wide.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:30 pm
Watchman wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm
Boiler wrote:
I wonder what sort of people she'd owe money to. Legal fees, but then what?
I've worked on the principle that she appears to be short of cash as her various income streams have died up, and that she's the sort that wouldn't think twice about the other person

By davidjay
I would guess that she's the sort who wouldn't reduce her lifestyle to match her income so maybe she's got card bills but wouldn't imagine she'd have many trade creditors. I suppose it could be that she considers herself above paying tax.

By Daley Mayle
davidjay wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:01 am
I would guess that she's the sort who wouldn't reduce her lifestyle to match her income so maybe she's got card bills but wouldn't imagine she'd have many trade creditors. I suppose it could be that she considers herself above paying tax.

In an IVA the taxman is a preferred creditor and they get paid first, usually in installments and at a rate agreed between the IVA management company and HMRC. All her creditors would have received a complete breakdown of her debts and assets, Jack Monroe refers to having seen this, and all creditors would have voted whether to agree on the deal which has to be by a majority to accept the arrangement.

By MisterMuncher
sanityattack wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:03 am
She is listed as the director of two companies: Katie Hopkins Limited which deals with 'management consultancy' and Satan's Mother Ltd which is 'television programme production activities'.

Whoever pays her for management skills is clearly being ripped off.
Edgy AF indeed that she names her production company for a variety of homemade explosive practically synonymous with Arab/Muslim suicide attacks. Shit troll is shit.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:01 am
A sort of jackbooted Liz Jones..

By MisterMuncher
She went too far, too quickly.

The real trick, a la Alex Jones is to slowly gull your audience, have them eating out of your hand and start selling them shit then ("survivalist" bullshit, deflouridation kits for water, tin foil are all good bets). Then begin to ratchet up the crazy. By then, you'll have a captive, paranoid audience whose needs you can simultaneously define and meet.

As with much in her life, her business plan was ill-considered, ill-prepared and didn't stand up to much scrutiny. Oh well. How sad. Never mind.
Boiler, Zuriblue liked this

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Katie Hopkins to speak at far-right rally with Holocaust denier

The former reality TV star will share a stage with Islamophobes and other extremists at For Britain conference
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/ ... ust-denier

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Big Arnold wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:59 am
Katie Hopkins to speak at far-right rally with Holocaust denier

The former reality TV star will share a stage with Islamophobes and other extremists at For Britain conference
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/ ... ust-denier
Less of the "share a stage with" there.
She is part of the movement, one of them.
Sundry far-right groups and parties.

According to a book by Stuart Maconie, it was a co[…]

The EDL

Met police pay out £700,000 to detained an[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

Or, arguably, with them.

The LibDems, generally

I can't say Jo Swinson's ever floated my boat but […]