Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 63 % ❤ 4.3 % :thumbsup: 2.2 % 😯 4.3 % :grinning: 17.4 % 😟 4.3 % :cry: 4.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 pm
I've no objection to amateur psychiatrists reminding us that lockdown isn't a normal state, and is liable to cause mental health problems.
It's hardly controversial thinking.

Where I draw the line is the inevitable second step, in which the amateur says
I know what'll fix you up, you old sad sack: Get back to he jolly old office / go and eat out / go to the cinema ..
It's just "pull yourself together, love" by another name.

Isn't it strange that the same people who can find any number of underlying conditions to play down the Covid death rate suddenly lose their diagnostic mojo when it comes to mental health?

By Bones McCoy
MisterMuncher wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:11 am
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 pm
I've no objection to amateur psychiatrists reminding us that lockdown isn't a normal state, and is liable to cause mental health problems.
It's hardly controversial thinking.

Where I draw the line is the inevitable second step, in which the amateur says
I know what'll fix you up, you old sad sack: Get back to he jolly old office / go and eat out / go to the cinema ..
It's just "pull yourself together, love" by another name.

Isn't it strange that the same people who can find any number of underlying conditions to play down the Covid death rate suddenly lose their diagnostic mojo when it comes to mental health?
Not just that, it's "Pull yourself together and start earning my income again".

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... court.html

Fuck me but there's some hate going on here.

Groped? Just get over it. I did.

Male teachers - we need more. Especially for this black and poor kids whose dads have probably buggered off.

Tosser can't brake properly? It was the speed limit's fault.

Why wasn't anyone protesting the killing of someone by a nutter with a sword while they were all too ready to protest when some cops killed a restrained suspect?

On that last one, erm, I dunno...maybe it was something to do with cops aren't supposed to kill restrained suspects, or indeed restrain people for bullshit reasons!!!
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Too many 'hate to say I told you so' tweets to c[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://i.postimg.cc/28p36911/El-Fmv-e-Wk-AEn-Edm[…]

Labour, Generally.

Was The Sainted Jeremy ever twenty points ahead?

Matthew Goodwin

Encapsulated neatly in a post I read elsewhere in […]