Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 63 % ❤ 4.3 % :thumbsup: 2.2 % 😯 4.3 % :grinning: 17.4 % 😟 4.3 % :cry: 4.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 pm
I've no objection to amateur psychiatrists reminding us that lockdown isn't a normal state, and is liable to cause mental health problems.
It's hardly controversial thinking.

Where I draw the line is the inevitable second step, in which the amateur says
I know what'll fix you up, you old sad sack: Get back to he jolly old office / go and eat out / go to the cinema ..
It's just "pull yourself together, love" by another name.

Isn't it strange that the same people who can find any number of underlying conditions to play down the Covid death rate suddenly lose their diagnostic mojo when it comes to mental health?

By Bones McCoy
MisterMuncher wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:11 am
Bones McCoy wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 pm
I've no objection to amateur psychiatrists reminding us that lockdown isn't a normal state, and is liable to cause mental health problems.
It's hardly controversial thinking.

Where I draw the line is the inevitable second step, in which the amateur says
I know what'll fix you up, you old sad sack: Get back to he jolly old office / go and eat out / go to the cinema ..
It's just "pull yourself together, love" by another name.

Isn't it strange that the same people who can find any number of underlying conditions to play down the Covid death rate suddenly lose their diagnostic mojo when it comes to mental health?
Not just that, it's "Pull yourself together and start earning my income again".

By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... court.html

Fuck me but there's some hate going on here.

Groped? Just get over it. I did.

Male teachers - we need more. Especially for this black and poor kids whose dads have probably buggered off.

Tosser can't brake properly? It was the speed limit's fault.

Why wasn't anyone protesting the killing of someone by a nutter with a sword while they were all too ready to protest when some cops killed a restrained suspect?

On that last one, erm, I dunno...maybe it was something to do with cops aren't supposed to kill restrained suspects, or indeed restrain people for bullshit reasons!!!
By satnav
More utter drivel from Vine.

It’s madness to treat our schools like nail bars or nightclubs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... clubs.html

I like this little gem.
That’s because schools are far more than exam factories
Sadly as a result of her husbands meddling in Education most schools are now just exam factories totally fixated on league tables and Ofsted ratings.
The teaching unions want to close for as long as possible for their own political ends
The teaching unions simply want schools to be safe, schools were promised proper testing back in September yet it is only now being introduced in a very muddled way at a time when the virus is out of control.
For a start, I don’t buy the difficulties with testing being cited by the unions. If teachers and heads don’t want to carry out tests, get the Army to do it like they did with the lorry drivers at Dover. How hard can it be to put a few squaddies in a tent in the playground of every secondary school, and nab the little plague rats?
Whilst the army did play a role at Dover other organisations were involved as well and it only involved testing a relative small number of adults who were conveniently located in one place. Sending troops into school would clearly cause a lot of anxiety to autistic pupils or pupils with mental illnesses who react badly to a change of routine or strangers.

Basically it appears that Vine doesn't like having her kids at home because they cramp her style.

The difference between nail bars and schools is that people chose if they want to go to nail bars or not and they can leave if they feel that a nail bar is not COVID secure. If schools are open staff and pupils are legally obliged to attend and work in conditions that can never be totally COVID secure because of the lack of space.

By Andy McDandy
How hard can it be to put a few squaddies in a tent in the playground of every secondary school, and nab the little plague rats?
Remind me again how the Mail reacted to a teaching union leader saying that kids weren't the most hygienic of people?
Boiler liked this

By The Red Arrow
Er...the Army needed Polish and French help. Yeah, how hard can it be, eh?

Polish forces and French firefighters muck in to clear Kent lorry backlog
"The day after the UK decided we don't need Europe we get French firemen and Polish territorials to assist with Covid testing."
by Jack Peat
December 26, 2020

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... log/26/12/

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
On top of all that, why should squaddies always be the whipping-boys for government incompetence and 'preferred contractor' fuck-ups?

From having their summer leave cancelled because G4S didn't have enough staff for the 2012 Olympics, through wading around in mud and water after budget-cuts to the Environment Agency had ensured catastrophic floods, to staffing drive-in Covid testing centres when the NHS were short-staffed through no fault of their own, squaddies have stepped up to the crease and performed admirably at work not in their job descriptions, and which they were not trained to do.

Give 'em a break. If Vile wants someone to camp in a school playground and test the kids, fine. Let her and her husband do something useful for once.

By Andy McDandy
Because suburban bores have a massive hard/wide on for lads in uniform. Bit of proxy hardness.

Indeed, check out today's logistics for the withdrawal agreement. RAF and all. It's long been said that the major role of the SAS these days is a masturbatory aid for Sun readers and Tory MPs.
The SAS started off in the North Africa campaign in world war 2, they were originally called the Long Range Desert Group and used to operate behind enemy lines. Dad told me one time the unit he was in had to meet up with a patrol of theirs to take them some supplies. He said they were a bunch of complete crazy bastards.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:31 pm
Because suburban bores have a massive hard/wide on for lads in uniform. Bit of proxy hardness.

Indeed, check out today's logistics for the withdrawal agreement. RAF and all. It's long been said that the major role of the SAS these days is a masturbatory aid for Sun readers and Tory MPs.
My mate Chris (IWM) has always referred to the TA as a themed drinking club.
He's no fan of the RAF either.
At the insurance office I worked at in the late 70s/early 80s, this new business bloke was taken on, who was a colonel in the TA. I asked him if it was something like the Home Guard

" no, it certainly is not, it's very professional " he replied, a bit arse-ily.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

What king of fucking twat toasts a trade agreement[…]

More levelling up. They got forced into the Pupil […]

Roll Call

Oh Daley, that really is just the worst news, I am[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Even in a fluffing Tweet he looks bad tempered.