•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
All the most scummy candidates are sending women to declare their excuses or declare them non-guilty.

If the candidates can't do a bit of facetime with the press pack, how do we expect them to fare in negotiations?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
SARAH VINE: Who's got the backbone to end this dementia outrage?
By SARAH VINE FOR THE DAILY MAIL
Asks the wife of a government minister. Moderated comments, so I doubt that my answer to her question will get through.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ilies.html
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So she blames the NHS for not treating it the same as a physical disease (bit like blaming the London fire brigade for the blitz), politicians for kicking the can down the road (fair enough), and finally poor people for daring to access funds paid for by richer people. Literally.

Cunt.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Spare me the forty-something celebrities with the bodies of twenty-year-old athletes ...they are turning every beach into a body shaming battleground, writes SARAH VINE
Just an excuse to show ten aging slebs in bikinis of course.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -VINE.html

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Next week: Ooooh, hasn't she let herself go? Must have gained a full ounce last week. I'm not one to judge but...

(Continues, oh but it continues....)

The mere idea they're not fucking doing it for her benefit never do much as twinkles.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
We are forever hearing how images of skinny models in the Press and on social media put pressure on young girls to aspire to unrealistic body shapes.

And there is no doubt they do. But lately the rot has started to spread — to the older generation.

Chill out Sarah, the middle aged celebs presented as evidence for this trend are paid shed loads of money to look like that. As Audrey Hepburn or Faye Dunaway would have looked in middle age donkeys years ago.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
So there I was, innocently googling 'Open G guitar tuning and techniques'...

Michael Gove fixated with the size of Mick Jagger’s penis, claims wife
Jenny Stevens May 3, 2013 11:57 am BST

https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-roll ... 79-1264810
youngian, Oblomov, oboogie liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
In case you aren't aware of the incident in Ayia Napa which is currently being covered; a very brief summery:

19 Year old British woman goes to Ayia Napa. Accuses a bunch of Israeli men of raping her. Turns it she allegedly lied about it. Those accused are (I believe) released without charge. She's being charged for lying about it.

Now, this is not a hugely uncommon story and sordid stories of goings on in places like Ayia Napa, Magaluf etc are certainly not a new thing.

Somehow, though, Vine has tried to blame it on Love Island. The link is tenuous, to say the least.

There’s no doubt in my mind that shows like Love Island, which finished on Monday night, have their part to play in this lack of personal responsibility.

SARAH VINE: The tawdry saga of a British rape accuser who partied with 12 Israeli men in Ayia Napa reveals the ugly truth about the legacy of Love Island
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... sland.html

Talk about a tale of our times. A 19-year-old British woman accused 12 Israeli men of gang-raping her in Ayia Napa, but then changed her mind and withdrew the charges.

The blonde teenager allegedly told police she had filed a report of rape as revenge after the men allegedly filmed her having consensual sex with three of them.

She herself now faces charges of ‘public mischief’, and will be named if she’s found guilty. The men, meanwhile — released from custody and now back home in Israel — are preparing to launch a legal action against her.

If it’s true she made up the rape story, that’s a very serious criminal matter. But for their part, these young men should be ashamed of themselves. Arriving at Tel Aviv airport, they celebrated by posting a video on social media chanting: ‘The Brit woman is a whore.’ In other words, no one comes out of it smelling of bougainvillea.

But the real question, in my mind, is not so much which side is at fault. It’s what this tawdry saga tells us about sex and morality in the modern world — and, in particular, in swelteringly hot resorts all over Europe right now.

Because, let’s face it, this sort of feral behaviour is becoming increasingly common. Indeed, among certain groups of people in certain situations — on holiday, under the influence of alcohol or drugs — it has become the norm. As, too, has the practice of sharing exploits on social media.

There is a difference between letting off steam and being so disinhibited you end up in bed with someone you’ve just met, and possibly a couple of their pals, too.

Youngsters have always enjoyed letting their hair down on holiday. But what’s unusual about this wave of debauchery is that the older generation is at it, too.

In the Spanish resort of Benidorm, older Brits — in their 50s and 60s — are causing similar levels of chaos with marathon drink, drug and sex sessions.

This week, a drunken British couple in charge of three children were arrested at Gibraltar airport after the woman fell over in the departure lounge. Call me old-fashioned, but I think there’s something especially weird about a mother who gets in that kind of state in front of her own children.

There’s no doubt in my mind that shows like Love Island, which finished on Monday night, have their part to play in this lack of personal responsibility.

Its entire premise is to get semi-naked men and women to have sex with each other for the entertainment of the viewing public. And when they do, the morality of what’s going on is never called into question on the show.

Instead, the contestants are rewarded with prize money and lucrative contracts, all predicated on their willingness to bare almost all in an ever-decreasing spiral of self-abasement.

Depressingly, the live viewing figures for this week’s finale hit a record high of 3.6 million. That’s an awful lot of people swallowing the message that casual hook-ups are a natural — even expected — part of a sun-kissed trip abroad.

I don’t deny I’ve watched Love Island with my daughter and found it diverting enough. Some will say I’m being an old prude. But when the amoral code it promotes lands a British teenager in a Cypriot courtroom after a liaison with a group of men, surely no one can deny there’s something sick at the heart of this hedonism.
Jeremy Corbyn.

I'd rather Margaret Beckett than Harriet Harman […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Just so.

Owen Jones

Labour needs a re-boot, okay. But it needs to star[…]

Boris Johnson

Well that's completely different, though, isn't it[…]