Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I like the passive-aggressive tone of the 'About Us' page...
If you are offended by any of these articles, please remember, you have the power to stop reading and go to a different website – try this one.
And why, oh why do people never proof read?
We do love to here from you, and if your are interested in submitted a letter to use for publication, please visit our Letter’s to the Druid page.
If you fancy submitted a full, you can do so, by following the guidelines on our Submissions page.
>shudder<

By Daley Mayle
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
And why, oh why do people never proof read?
We do love to here from you, and if your are interested in submitted a letter to use for publication, please visit our Letter’s to the Druid page.
If you fancy submitted a full, you can do so, by following the guidelines on our Submissions page.
>shudder<

I thought the quoted paragraph was deliberately misspelled for reasons of satire and, possibly, irony.

Now it could be that Malcolm chose to highlight the passage because he was pretending he didn't get that satire (or irony) and was himself being satirically ironic.

Could we have an adjudication please

Confused of South Pembs.

By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
>shudder<
Thought I was reading one of LJB's posts, there.

By Abernathy
Daley Mayle wrote:

I thought the quoted paragraph was deliberately misspelled for reasons of satire and, possibly, irony.

Now it could be that Malcolm chose to highlight the passage because he was pretending he didn't get that satire (or irony) and was himself being satirically ironic.

Could we have an adjudication please
Okay. No it wasn't, and no he wasn't.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:What?
Do you want to explain that?
There are many reasons why I wouldn't find a joke funny, but incorrect use of apostrophes is not one of them. But your swift pointing out of his grammatical imperfections did make me smile. Decent comic writers should be able to employ a sub-editor as their market value is far less than the main talent.

By Abernathy
Employ a sub-editor? A brief read-through of your own work is good enough for most people and would be a start in this case.

I don't think "Katie Nutkins" is professional enough to consider hiring the services of a sub-editor.
By Bogwert
Membership Days
Thank you for pointing out that embarrassing paragraph in the About Us page. I fully admit, there were a few pages I rushed off, basically to satisfy some Google Adsense requirements - About Us being one of them - I can only apologise. I hate poor proof reading as much as the next guy!

This is a new project for me and something I have wanted to do for a while. The fact that I am currently off work with a stress related illness has given me the perfect opportunity to try something new.

I have been an avid reader of Mail Watch for many years, and always respected the opinions of people on here, which is why this was one of the first places I posted some of my trial ideas on this new project. I'm new to this and yes it's a work in progress and there are teething issues to iron out.

I would like it to become a place were anyone can post their musings - I love sites like the Daily Mash, but my ultimate aim is to have something with a little more grit.

Any advice would be welcomed :)

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Bogwert wrote:Thank you for pointing out that embarrassing paragraph in the About Us page. I fully admit, there were a few pages I rushed off, basically to satisfy some Google Adsense requirements - About Us being one of them - I can only apologise. I hate poor proof reading as much as the next guy!

This is a new project for me and something I have wanted to do for a while. The fact that I am currently off work with a stress related illness has given me the perfect opportunity to try something new.

I have been an avid reader of Mail Watch for many years, and always respected the opinions of people on here, which is why this was one of the first places I posted some of my trial ideas on this new project. I'm new to this and yes it's a work in progress and there are teething issues to iron out.

I would like it to become a place were anyone can post their musings - I love sites like the Daily Mash, but my ultimate aim is to have something with a little more grit.

Any advice would be welcomed :)
Seriously, good luck with the project. These things are really hard work to get going and it is not easy in the early days.

A bit of cross-browser testing would not go amiss. You 'll see where there are CSS wobbles and how missing images are doing you no favours. Also, maybe get the Firebug extension for Firefox and you'll see where the issues are with mobiles.

All-in-all, good for you that the site is looking so much better now and, if you run in to speed-bumps with the CSS, PM me - I do that shit in my sleep.

Sometimes. quite literally and gets me in to all sorts of bother when I mumble things like....

.shave_rash {
clear: both;
display: none;
}
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Or this: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-ra[…]

Jeremy Corbyn.

If Corbyn did cross the line he'd be the first PM […]

Mark Francois MP

Just had a look at his Wiki page. A stint at Lloyd[…]

Boris Johnson

Wouldn't it be good if newspapers had an imposed p[…]