•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Rod appears to imply Liberals are more likely to be rapists.

Right-on perv

GOOD to see film producer Harvey Weinstein getting his comeuppance.

This loathsome fat perv spent his professional life preying on vulnerable women. He deserves everything he gets.He was very right-on, was Harvey. Had all the politically correct opinions. Much loved by the Obamas, of course.

Always the way, isn’t it? The more a bloke tells you he’s a liberal and a feminist, the more women should reach for the can of Mace.

And of course Rod joins up to Toby Young's 'Free Speech For a Fee' club which, as far as I'm concerned, is simply for self pitying arseholes who've had a slap on the wrist for spouting racist shite in public.

A fight we have to win

I’M proud to have signed up to Toby Young’s Free Speech Union, to defend our freedom of speech.

I had to break a pledge of mine to join it.

It’s Lent right now – the season of the year when traditionally you give something up. Well, I’d decided to give up donating to charities for a month or so. But happy to make a very noble exception. Never before in our democratic country has free speech been so under threat.

It’s OK for gobby old tossers like Toby and me – we have a platform to speak. But too often people are hounded from their jobs simply for expressing an opinion. Or barred from speaking at universities in case they upset someone.

Or get a midnight visit from the Old Bill because they happened to like a joke about a transgender person.

The fightback starts here. Later next month I’ll be visiting universities to unveil a Charter for Academic Freedom, drawn up by my political party, the Social Democrats. Nothing is more precious than the freedom to express one’s opinion.

If it offends someone else, my suggestion is: OK, sure, now get over it.

Rod pretends to be concerned about mental illness (snowflake stuff) so that he can have another hissy fit about the internet:

TikToking bomb

SO, have you found out what your kids are up to online then?

Mums shown the sort of stuff the pre-teens are watching on TikTok looked horrified.

Have to say, the site seems to me to be run as a kind of grooming parlour for the benefit of middle-aged pervs. But it’s not just that. The longer your kids – and especially the girls – spend online, the greater their chances of developing depression and other mental illnesses.

They also end up with a much shorter attention span. Because they spend their days swiping backwards and forwards in a nanosecond.

If we’re to avoid rearing a generation of doolally morons, we need to ration the time they spend online.

It’s down to us parents to do that – not the State and not even the companies who run the godawful sites.

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:00 pm
Right-on perv

They also end up with a much shorter attention span. Because they spend their days swiping backwards and forwards in a nanosecond.
The self-awareness within those two clauses being cleaved into a couple of clumsy sentences. Not entirely evident, is it?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist pretends to be interested in what Rod has to say, but actually has scrolled past his drivel to leave a comment to the effect that Rod can foad in a fire as far as I'm concerned. And if he takes his chum Toby with him I'll even go so far as to stick my hand in my pocket and buy a round!

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Rod being his usual obnoxious self:
Awful places, airports. Full of whacko foreigners who’ve just eaten a stewed bat and wonder why they are feeling a bit under the weather.

You mask be joking

INCIDENTALLY, on the subject of these face masks. Me and the family are going away for a few days in April. This will require going to an AIRPORT.

Awful places, airports. Full of whacko foreigners who’ve just eaten a stewed bat and wonder why they are feeling a bit under the weather.

So I had the following discussion with the missus about whether we should invest in face masks . . .

Her: “Trouble is, they don’t work.”

Me: “The really expensive ones do, the ones with filters. So they say.”

Her: “Oh, right. But we’d look like twats, wouldn’t we?”

Me: “Yes, we’d look like twats. No face masks.”

That’s the British way. Rather die of pneumonia than look a bit of a twat.

Tyranny of trans activists

THE “You Can’t Say That!” brigade are at it again.

This time they have banned a woman called Selina Todd, pictured, from speaking at the Oxford University International Women’s Festival.

Ironically, it was a festive which SHE helped to organise.

Todd is an academic and a feminist. She has been barred from speaking because transgender activists don’t like her.

They accuse her of being “transphobic”, which she denies. She probably just thinks – like a lot of the population and scientific community – that men who transition to being women are still basically men.

We have to fight back against this hysterical tyranny imposed on us all by a tiny, minuscule, rump of deranged activists.

It is time institutions such as Oxford University stood up for the principles of freedom of speech.

That they fail to do so is a national disgrace.

Maybe ration the amount of time they spend online, tapping and swiping away on their fat a***s, pausing only to swallow a bowl of Doritos.
We have an obesity epidemic — stigma is a useful tool in the fight against it

THERE’S a woman called Sue who is appearing in a Channel 4 documentary soon. She’s a mum. And the story is really about her 15-year-old son, Harry.

Harry is what you might call morbidly obese, poor lad. Sue, pictured with Harry, says she didn’t realise he was overweight until his hip collapsed. And he had to be taken to hospital for horrible, complex, surgery.

Didn’t realise? Gordon Bennett, talk about the elephant in the room. I mean, literally. The kid was half the size of their house. She didn’t notice the lack of exercise and the food Harry was putting away? And the fact that he took up the entire sofa and then some?

Whose fault is it that Harry needed an op?

We have an obesity epidemic. It is almost certainly this which has caused a drop in life expectancy in our poorest areas. The first such drop for a century.

But now the obesity lobby and the health professionals have decided that obesity shouldn’t be “stigmatised”. As if it were an illness just like any other.

Something which happens, without the victim knowing it is happening. This is b******s, and it’s dangerous.

And stigma is a useful tool in the fight against obesity.

It was only when my own son, during an argument a few years back, told me I was a fat, lardy t***er that I decided to sort my weight out. I’ve put most of it back on now so I need another bout of name-calling to provoke me to more action.

My point is that fat-shaming can be very useful.

Because being fat isn’t good for us and nor is it good for society. It costs the NHS millions each year. It makes people’s lives a misery. It is right that it should carry a stigma. Remove the stigma and you make being fat the natural state of being, no blame attached.

Oh, you’re fat. How did that happen? What terrible bad luck, but never mind. But that is very far from the truth. With the exception of that tiny minority of people who are fat as a consequence of their genes, obesity is eminently and quite easily avoidable.

Its main cause, these days, is a lack of exercise. If you’re a mum or dad and your kid is looking a bit porky, get them out for a walk every day, or do some sport with them. And keep an eye on what they are eating.

Maybe ration the amount of time they spend online, tapping and swiping away on their fat a***s, pausing only to swallow a bowl of Doritos.

This is surely basic parenting. Looking after your kids. Because if you don’t do that, they will die very young indeed.

And it isn’t the Government that’s to blame. Or blind chance, or bad luck. It is because of lifestyle choices. That’s the important word — choices.

If you take exercise and keep an eye on what you eat, you won’t get fat and your hip won’t suddenly give up the ghost and collapse.

The more we insist, out of kindness, that being fat is no fault of the individual, the bigger the problem will grow.

And now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to take the dog for a walk. Four miles.

That will lose me about 500 calories, tops. So still some way to go.

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:11 pm
I'm warming to LIddle Jr.
Eh?

The only way I'd warm to Rod Liddle is by standing next to him whilst he was on fire on a suitably cold day.
Watchman liked this

By Andy McDandy
His son, who called him a "fat lardy tosser" (quite why he or his sub-editor thinks that twat doesn't need to be asterisked, but arse does is beyond me...).

By Kreuzberger
Cyclist wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:37 pm
Andy did say Liddle Jr

I think he's referring to this bit
... my own son, during an argument a few years back, told me I was a fat, lardy t***er ...
I'd have lamped the wee cunt for the tautology.

Given what I have spent on my own kids' education, grammos like that are unforgivable.
MisterMuncher liked this
Matthew Goodwin

It's also worth noting having read said article th[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Too many 'hate to say I told you so' tweets to c[…]

The Tories, Generally

https://i.postimg.cc/28p36911/El-Fmv-e-Wk-AEn-Edm[…]

Labour, Generally.

Was The Sainted Jeremy ever twenty points ahead?