•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By karlt
Membership Days
Bob amser fy ngwneud i chwerthin /always makes me laugh. Oer yr eira ar Eryri - how vowelly do they want? As an English Dysgwr (learner) I've always been struck by how rich the Welsh vowel system is. Pure ignorance. Exactly the sort of shit that creates Welsh/English friction.
Son Of Hand, Catkins liked this

By Killer Whale
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Arnold wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:57 pm
No real vowels? By which he means a, e, I, o, and U I suppose. Just jealous because Welsh has seven vowels.
Yup. Definition of a 'real' vowel is that it appears in English. Except, of course, y is sometimes a vowel in English as is, very occasionally w, just as i and w are sometimes consonants in Welsh.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Killer Whale wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:43 pm
[Yup. Definition of a 'real' vowel is that it appears in English. Except, of course, y is sometimes a vowel in English as is, very occasionally w, just as i and w are sometimes consonants in Welsh.
Rhythm for one. Liddle must really hate that word.

By MisterMuncher
Arnold wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:30 pm
Killer Whale wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:43 pm
[Yup. Definition of a 'real' vowel is that it appears in English. Except, of course, y is sometimes a vowel in English as is, very occasionally w, just as i and w are sometimes consonants in Welsh.
Rhythm for one. Liddle must really hate that word.
Naturally. Isn't it something that the blacks have?

By Malcolm Armsteen
But seriously, Liddle is the exemplar of how comment and debate, in the hands of the gutter press, has been coarsened and degraded, lowering the overall intelligence of the conversation about such very important issues. He brings intolerance, prejudice, bile and spite to places where we need consideration, careful thought and intelligent judgement.
And his readers take their cue from him, and we see it in a society where tolerance and kindness are regarded as character flaws.
youngian liked this

By Boiler
See also the title of the Sun's 'opinion' column: "The Sun Says".

That's not the title of an opinion column. That's more the voice of a shouty, short-necked, Lizzie Duke wearing, finger-stabbing cunt in a pub tanked up on several pints of Wifebeater telling you what to do, or else.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:08 pm
I predict the action taken will be somewhere between zero and fuck-all.
I'm going all the way up to zilch on this one

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Posts
Rod Liddle, the Sunday Times. Wife-beater, drunk, winder up of the Taffs.

Marie Colvin. One of the finest and most fearless journalists of the last thirty years, also of the Sunday Times.

Assad allegedly slaughtered the latter;

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/09/worl ... -death.htm

When the last decent journalist comes under final sustained, targeted, murderous attack, I'll hang up my tinfoil hat and quietly drift off to sleep.
By Silkyman
Membership Days Posts
Rod Liddle, the Sunday Times. Wife-beater, drunk, winder up of the Taffs.
Don’t forget ‘Sadistic Child Abuser’....
There is something a little cruel in the Scottish government’s decision to prohibit the physical chastisement of children by their parents, just as the nights are drawing in. There’s not much fun to be had in, say, Dundee or Kirkcaldy, once the clocks have gone back. Eat a pie and skelp the bairns is about the sum of it.

As I understand it, I don’t think you’re even allowed to kick your own children any more, north of the border. If there are any canny entrepreneurs in Carlisle or Berwick, they should open a facility that allows Scotch people to swing by for an hour or so, smack the kids about a bit and then scuttle back to the more censorious settlements of Cumbernauld and Livingston, having filled their boots."
Meanwhile In Russia

https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/status/115360353[…]

Boris Johnson

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAKEa2BWkAA1Gv6.png

The LibDems, generally

Didn't they actually do stuff in the Coalition o[…]

The DUP

Dear Mr Johnson Thank you for your kind donation. […]