•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
When one man set out with his nine-year-old daughter to buy a birthday card he was so appalled by the obscenity on display he decided to act: ROBERT HARDMAN on the father who took on the filth peddlers
A well-known British outlet, Scribbler occupies 36 prime sites, including one at the entrance to a shopping mall near my home
Me neither until this advert
I had asked for a chat with one of the owners but, instead, a spokeswoman contacted me the following day in combative mood.

How, she asked, did the Daily Mail feel entitled to be offended by what Scribbler had on its shelves, given that she herself was offended by the Daily Mail?

Gosh. She didn’t explain if it was our campaign to banish plastic bags or our stance on Brexit.
Round 1 to Scribbler. Racism? Xenophobia? Homophobia?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... dlers.html
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He argues that the cards are aimed at the easily offended generation snowflake, hence all the offence causing. While taking offence himself.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
So he saw the cards and had an idea for a pitch to the Mail.
‘Daddy, what’s a c***?’ my nine-year-old would undoubtedly have asked if she had been standing next to me (she’s very keen on new words at the moment).
You'd tell a nine year old what cunt means as an insult? What's wrong with you?

Wasn't the PC brigade banning saucy cards once a thing with the Mail?
Has he got a huge cock daddy?
By Andy McDandy
So it's a small but successful company, with relatively few stores. It's not targeted at PLH. It's a free choice whether or not people will buy from there. Generally, you'll only send a risque card to someone you know, and know will appreciate it. Nobody is forcing kids into the store to see words they're likely familiar with and slinging round the playground already.

Really, what is the problem?
By satnav
What a knob.

Despite frantic actions to save the crippled reservoir threatening their small town, there's no sense of panic, anger or blaming on 'Tory cuts' or 'austerity' from this stoic lot in Whaley Bridge

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ridge.html

Why would anybody blame it on austerity or Tory cuts.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Some top toadying up to Princess Boris
He sympathised with Matthew and Lynn Lingard, fearing for the welfare of the two cockateils and two rabbits they had left behind. ‘That must be very worrying. Are you going to be able to go back and get them?’ the PM asked.
Edwina is on hand to invent some spurious regional affectations
‘People are like that in Derbyshire. We don’t do panic,’ says Edwina Currie proudly when I drop in for a coffee. ‘My impression is that everything that needs to be done is being done already.’
Boris Johnson

We now appear have arrived at a situation wher[…]

Good point, @Bones McCoy . I'm sure some job ads[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

Replace the word Jew with women and you get an ide[…]

Janet Street-Porter

He doesn't want to "lead the country". H[…]