•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By WTF?
Membership Days
youngian wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:36 am
PETER HITCHENS: Is shutting down Britain - with unprecedented curbs on ancient liberties - REALLY the best answer? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... nswer.html
Why can’t we be more dutiful like the old days putting country before self? is Hitchens’ USB. The first opportunity to practice what he preaches he folds into libertarian contrarianism.
Peter hangs the article on an anecdote about a crap GP he once saw so therefore we need to question the wisdom of these clever dick so-called experts.
At first, Mr Johnson was true to himself and resisted wild demands to close down the country. But bit by bit he gave in.
South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan pulled out all the stops when this monster first appeared. Low number of cases, relatively few deaths. Britain, Italy and the US, not so much and are paying the price. Maybe Peter should shut the fuck up!

By Boiler
Catkins wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 am
Fight! Fight!
(although this is one of those 'why can't they both lose?' situations?)
Just like the good old days of a Ferguson/Mourinho footy match.

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Catkins wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:56 am
Fight! Fight!
(although this is one of those 'why can't they both lose?' situations?)

The amazing thing with that is Peter is entirely correct that he probably is cleverer than JH-B, but simultaneously the pair of them are dumb as fuck so this is a non-achievement along the lines of being "Britain's wettest newsagent" or "Cornwall's No. 1 rated anal cyst cream".
By satnav
I found it very amusing yesterday that Hitchens was singing the praises of former supreme court judge Lord Sumption just because Sumption was complaining about how the police were behaving during the lockdown. It only seems like yesterday that the Daily Mail were labelling supreme court judges 'Enemies of the People'

By Boiler
'Pwned', I believe the word is?

The angle of Hitchens's camera makes him look like he's escaped from Royston Vasey... :lol:

One of the replies to that tweet does however say a lot: it takes a terrific amount of logic and persuasion to undo just a few words of stupidity. Perhaps the time has come for #wevehadenoughofidiots.

By Andy McDandy
https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

Some epic level wibbling today.
I have learned over many years to trust my instincts, to take that train, to make that phone call, to turn that corner. When I have heeded them I have either benefited or been saved from bad things. When I have ignored them I have been hurt. It may be inherited from our forebears, or learned by decades of experience. It may be a mixture of the two.
Trans: good and bad things have happened to me. I'm desperately trying to put them into some sort of pattern.
I am fairly sure these measures, like the house arrest and sunbathing bans which came before, have another purpose. They accustom us to being told what to do. Stand there. Wait there. Don’t use cash. Don’t cross that line. They permanently change the relationship bet­ween the individual and the state.
And I'm fairly sure that we had barriers, locks, doors marked private, unwritten rules about personal space before this. And there never was a sunbathing ban. There's your garden, fill your boots. There was a ban on congregating in large numbers on beaches.

I could go on, but it's better to discover by yourself.
The Tories, Generally

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/127951936[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

As they say in Scotland get tae fuck the pair of y[…]

C**t of the day

A useful idiot who is a lightning conductor/litmus[…]

Conspiracy theories

Currently reading this... it fascinating and depre[…]