•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:It's a noble calling, journalism...
Two journalists were murdered yesterday, one in Malta and another in Mexico. The one in Mexico was the twelfth to die there in the course of their work this year. You're right, for many people it's an incredibly noble calling.
davidjay wrote:
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:It's a noble calling, journalism...
Two journalists were murdered yesterday, one in Malta and another in Mexico. The one in Mexico was the twelfth to die there in the course of their work this year. You're right, for many people it's an incredibly noble calling.
On the face of it, the calling out and the dichotomy are both stark. Without wishing to put words in Armsteen's mouth, I would imagine that he is referencing local or even national newspaper scribes who strut around with sunglasses on their head, digging for dirt about bars that wouldn't let them in three years ago. Or whatever. You get the picture.

That is just one example but simply a metaphor for the "get even" culture that is the dismal act of what is now nothing more than click-bait.

Reporters. Journalists. Clowns with a keyboard. I dunno, but we need a fundamental and linguistic demarkation between the skimmers and scrapers, and those whose body parts are discovered by her son, far from a burning vehicle.

Your mother doing her job. Just think about that.
East London state primary beats every private school in England to the top of the league tables

96% of children at the school do not speak English as their first language

:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4ytnorjpE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock: WTF?
Stop Funding Hate‏Verified account @StopFundingHate

Stop Funding Hate Retweeted Paperchase

*Confirmed* Congratulations to Paperchase, who have promised not to run any further promotional partnerships with the Daily Mail. They have acted promptly in response to customer concerns - this is great news in the run-up to Christmas! #StartSpreadingLove

Stop Funding Hate added,
Paperchase
Verified account @FromPaperchase
We’ve listened to you about this weekend’s newspaper promotion. We now know we were wrong to do this - we’re truly sorry and we won’t ever do it again. Thanks for telling us what you really think and we apologise if we have let you down on this one. Lesson learnt
1:50 AM - 20 Nov 2017

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In response to the decision, the Mail blamed “internet trolls orchestrated by a small group of hard-left Corbynist individuals” trying to “suppress legitimate debate”.
The journalist Julia Hartley-Brewer pledged to lead a boycott of Paperchase, describing the decision as “bloody absurd”.

Piers Morgan tweeted: “I hope @FromPaperchase understand that British people don’t like snivelling little cowards who let themselves get bullied into virtue-signalling bulls**t. I’ll buy my cards from @ClintonsTweet in future.”

The Daily Mail told the BBC: “The Mail has only run one promotion with Paperchase – who are not an advertiser – and had no plans for any more, so it is disingenuous of them to say it won’t be repeated.
Gratifying amount of butthurt there. :D

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... e-backlash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So let me get this straight - tweeting and FBing that the poster would sooner Paperchase wouldn't get into bed with the Heil is trolling and bullying, but boycotting them for taking notice of people's posts is - well - what, I wonder?

Only tonight I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue defined 'Newcastle' as 'detonating an atom bomb over Piers Morgan'. I'm also reminded of when they defined 'countryside' as 'the act of killing Piers Morgan'.
Labour, Generally.

Indeed, Corbyn and co did their best to undermine,[…]

UKIP

Farage is a "person of interest". And in[…]

UK's aspirations for post-Brexit trade deal an […]

Sad Faces in Local Papers

He's from Stoke, no? "Bloke from Brexit Cent[…]