For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 52.5 % ❤ 7.5 % :thumbsup: 3.8 % 😯 12.5 % :grinning: 8.8 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 12.5 % :shit: 1.3 %
  •  
  •  
By Mr Mordon
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Raskolnikov wrote:
Liverpool is the home of thieves, militants and benefit scroungers. Anyone who makes good gets out, i.e. Cilla Black, Paul McCartney etc.

Steven Gerrard should either get guards or a transfer.

- Hugh Craen, Haywards heath
In story about Gerrard burglary in erm Formby (not in Liverpool)
He later tried to back track but he's just a twat.

1. Do we know where the alleged thieves are from
2. Liverpool has a LibDem council. Hatton booted off years ago
3. You can have Cilla
4. Liverpool has less crime than many other cities
5. The economy is beginning to improve after years of Thatcher driven problems
6. Haywards Where?
I'm going to drop a real bomb in the soup now :oops: but don't you think that those 'problems' were brought about by bigger militant trade union driven problems?
By Raskolnikov
Membership Days Membership Days

I'm going to drop a real bomb in the soup now :oops: but don't you think that those 'problems' were brought about by bigger militant trade union driven problems
Well, the bomb failed to detonate but the soup needs more salt now.

I was no fan of Hatton etc but if the rest of the TU movement had got off their collective behinds we might have prevented the problems. I'm the firstto criticise past probs with Liverpool/Merseyside but I think this was a concerted effort to destroy the area and TUnionism.

There are times when union leaders fall for the traps Mr Crowe being a case in point and Scargill was far from perfect but I think the causal link you were looking for is not there.
By larrylargesse
of all the absurd stuff you come across this take the biscuit...

Transplants: Concern as Brown backs right to remove organs without consent
asusual it s an excuse to bash Brown... most of the readers havnt read the story just the headline...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... rtComments

check out bob...

am not having my organs ripped out to keep some kebab-hoovering fat pig alive who spent the past ten years getting drunk and fighting in the streets. If you have taken care of your health, you should be given pain medication and left to die. Sorry.

- Bob Macdonald, London

I have carried an organ donor card for many years, but if this government forces us to go down the 'opt out' path I shall send it back. I will NOT be dictated to in this manner!

- A. Howlett, Manchester

A Howlet s sending his card back because he wont be told what to do...

I wouldn't offer my organs for transplant because I wouldn't trust an NHS doctor to properly determine a state of death. I will gladly sign up to the optout register, especially as it would be contrary to Gordon Brown's wishes.
Whichever way Gordon Brown is heading with his ideas, I want to be heading in the opposite direction.

- Gerald, Southampton, UK

Make sure Gerrys taken to a private hospital in the event of an accident...

all the gang have popped in to express their christian and charitable views..
By PC Monster
larrylargesse wrote:of all the absurd stuff you come across this take the biscuit...

Transplants: Concern as Brown backs right to remove organs without consent
asusual it s an excuse to bash Brown... most of the readers havnt read the story just the headline...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... rtComments

check out bob...

am not having my organs ripped out to keep some kebab-hoovering fat pig alive who spent the past ten years getting drunk and fighting in the streets. If you have taken care of your health, you should be given pain medication and left to die. Sorry.

- Bob Macdonald, London

I have carried an organ donor card for many years, but if this government forces us to go down the 'opt out' path I shall send it back. I will NOT be dictated to in this manner!

- A. Howlett, Manchester

A Howlet s sending his card back because he wont be told what to do...

I wouldn't offer my organs for transplant because I wouldn't trust an NHS doctor to properly determine a state of death. I will gladly sign up to the optout register, especially as it would be contrary to Gordon Brown's wishes.
Whichever way Gordon Brown is heading with his ideas, I want to be heading in the opposite direction.

Make sure Gerrys taken to a private hospital in the event of an accident...

all the gang have popped in to express their christian and charitable views..
Of course, they would all be outraged if they or their kids ever needed a transplant and there were none available. They really are below contempt, especially Bob.
By Adrian
cycloon wrote:I especially liked the Telegraph's headline yesterday; 'Organs to be taken without consent'

Hardly, it's a different process; active denial rather than active permission. That's still consent.
Genuinely not trying to be an arsehole but is it? I'm just imagining applying that to rape and it doesn't work.
By bairy
larrylargesse wrote:

I would deny someone an organ that could save their life and I'd feel great about it because it would be spiting Gordon.

They are indeed beyond contempt.
By Mr Mordon
I don't know why people have such an issue with this. I would rather my organs were used to help someone live a little longer than just end up as worm food.

That said, it would probably be an issue for people who believe in re-incarnation.

Reminds me of a Karl Pilkington classic:

'I wouldn't want them to take me eyes, don't want to end up a blind ghost, bumping into stuff and that'
:lol:

By cycloon
Adrian wrote:
cycloon wrote:I especially liked the Telegraph's headline yesterday; 'Organs to be taken without consent'

Hardly, it's a different process; active denial rather than active permission. That's still consent.
Genuinely not trying to be an arsehole but is it? I'm just imagining applying that to rape and it doesn't work.

I did write a big long reply, but I confused myself. Oh dear.
By Daul Pacre
cycloon wrote:
Adrian wrote:

I did write a big long reply, but I confused myself. Oh dear.
How about this, which is far shorter:

Comparing rape and opt-out organ donation is a stupid fucking idea, because an implied consent system for rape would result in untold misery and suffering to living people, whereas an implied consent system for organ donation would save lives and would be easy to opt out of well before it makes any difference whatsoever.

There's also my more philosophical objection that comparing anything that isn't actually rape to rape is openly contemptible.
By bairy
Daul Pacre wrote:Comparing rape and opt-out organ donation is a stupid fucking idea, because an implied consent system for rape would result in untold misery and suffering to living people, whereas an implied consent system for organ donation would save lives and would be easy to opt out of well before it makes any difference whatsoever.
I was going to type something like this.
When you're dead you don't need your organs anymore, and since they can save lives it's not unreasonable to ask for them.

Rape, or being the victim of any attack or crime is not directly comparable because it's something you have to suffer whilst still live.

There is of course the debate of it being your body so your choice, which is fair enough. However since you can opt-out I really don't see an issue.
Mail readers will convince themselves this is more state interference and big brother. Myself, I think it's about possibly saving lives and they should all STFU.

By JuanTwoThree
Just when you think the Mail may be getting reasonable, along come a raft of wankers that confirm again that hell has a basement especially for them. I hope they carry "Do not give me donated organs" cards because I'd hate to waste a heart on any of them.

One comment, which I think is low even for the Mail, is under Melanie Phillips spittle-flecked ravings:
Gordon is possibly backing this because his last son was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis and may need a heart and lung transplant in later years!

- Jen, South Wales
It's not just that some nutter sends it, but that some mod thinks "Oh great, We must put that in" and not "What a fucking diabolical thing to say, that's for the bin."
The Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/morganfmckay/status/13519341[…]

Roll Call

@Daley Mayle Yo! Are you OK? Not heard fro[…]

The Biden Presidency.

While I;m slightly staggered nothing happened,[…]

I stuck my todger through my next door neighbour[…]