•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
"We've got a BROWN woman to defend him, so he CAN'T be racist":

Apprentice star Saira Khan says it is 'absurd' to call Lord Sugar a racist over his Senegal footballers tweet - he is just 'of a generation that has not quite got to grips with what is acceptable'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... acist.html

Jacky999, Southampton, United Kingdom, 3 hours ago
Of course he isn't racist but noone is allowed to make a clumsy joke anymore. Too many people looking for something to be offended about. Can't just call him a silly old fool and move on. It needs to be made bigger.
+498 -63

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
'of a generation that has not quite got to grips with what is acceptable'
That old lie :roll:

I know lots of people in the 60-90 age group, only three of whom find that sort of "joke" acceptable. I wonder if he went to Luton Grammar? The three old casual racists* I know all did.

*And casual sexists. And nowhere near as erudite, witty or smart as they think they are - just like Lord Scrotum**

**Well done Karlt. I'll never be able to stop calling him that now :lol:

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Cyclist wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:24 pm
'of a generation that has not quite got to grips with what is acceptable'
That old lie :roll:

I know lots of people in the 60-90 age group, only three of whom find that sort of "joke" acceptable. I wonder if he went to Luton Grammar? The three old casual racists* I know all did.

*And casual sexists. And nowhere near as erudite, witty or smart as they think they are - just like Lord Scrotum**

**Well done Karlt. I'll never be able to stop calling him that now :lol:

It's pathetic. I'm not sure why people think it's a good defence. It just kind of suggests they're too thick to adapt to social changes.

It's up there with racists claiming they were only being racist because they were drunk...because having too many pints always turns people into racists...
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
"Oh, he's of that generation...".

Bollocks. As was often pointed out, David Bowie was born earlier than professional old fart Len Goodman.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm
Sugar's joke doesn't make a lot of sense as its not even a widely used stereotype of Francophone Africans like Nigerians being the butt of email fraudsters jokes.
Not all that clear as to your meaning, but Nigeria isn't Francophone.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Posts
Wait till he finds out where Leicester Square is.
Guy makes schoolboy error slagging off Sadiq Khan and the responses will make your day better

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2018/06/19/sa ... boy-error/

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm
Sugar's joke doesn't make a lot of sense as its not even a widely used stereotype of Francophone Africans like Nigerians being the butt of email fraudsters jokes.
No. Would he have thought it funny with a picture of a white football team? No. So it's racist.
Endangering Democracy

Likewise, Ireland's second vote on the Nice(?) […]

Nigel Farage

I rather like the sound of Loughborough Dynamo and[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

She's got herself an online fan club of sorts who […]

The Tories, Generally

Imagine living in a world where IDS, Howard and […]