•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
You could argue at a extreme push that like it or not, Farage has been an MEP for many years, and therefore the peerage is for his years of service.

Although you'd be wrong

But Tice? Seriously?
Samanfur, Oblomov liked this

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Farage has been very well compensated monetarily for being an MEP for the last twenty years. It's the job he's paid to do.

The honours system being used as a long service award scheme is one of the things that devalues it most in my eyes.

Awards "For services to" go disproportionately to people who have already had massive amounts of recognition and money for simply doing a job, rather than going above and beyond the call of duty, and/or doing something extraordinary with the position.
Boiler, Oblomov liked this

By KevS
Membership Days Posts
Exactly. I'd have no issue with say, Ken Clarke getting one.

But considering the pathetic display today by our tapeworm of a Prime Minister, he's probably got more of a chance of one under a Corbyn Government, bizarrely.
Timbo liked this

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
TBH we ought to name the award in his honour, it's hard to think of someone with absolutely no redeeming features in any way, shape or form, but with Liddle I am seriously struggling to think up anything positive he's ever done for humanity.
Amazonian liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 am
TBH we ought to name the award in his honour, it's hard to think of someone with absolutely no redeeming features in any way, shape or form, but with Liddle I am seriously struggling to think up anything positive he's ever done for humanity.
I'd like to propose a joint naming ceremony.
The Liddle-Young C**t of the day award

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:38 am
He's up there with Kelvin McKenzie at least, maybe just not **quite** there yet against McKenzie in the cunt stakes.

Otherwise, the only positive thing I can think that both of them have contributed to humanity is the ability to take a shit, because at least their solid waste produce can help towards to the growth of new vegetation.
The Biased BBC

Ignore me, I am just shit-posting and trying t[…]

2019 General Election

Johnson could still form a minority administrati[…]

That's extremely encouraging. Don't know if you're[…]

Boris Johnson

For a fair chunk of the electorate the Prime Min[…]