•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Except it wasn't a "ban". It was a business decision by Virgin Trains. The Mail, regrettably, remains un-banned and freely available from thousands of other outlets.

Virgin Trains probably doesn't carry "Genital Piercings Monthly"* either, but that doesn't mean it has banned it.

*"Genital Piercings Monthly" doesn't actually exist. I think. You get the point.
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 pm
Except it wasn't a "ban". It was a business decision by Virgin Trains. The Mail, regrettably, remains un-banned and freely available from thousands of other outlets.

Virgin Trains probably doesn't carry "Genital Piercings Monthly"* either, but that doesn't mean it has banned it.

*"Genital Piercings Monthly" doesn't actually exist. I think. You get the point.
No, no, no. Because now you've reminded me of something a mate of mine told me. Few years ago I was having CBT. To my next door neighbour, it meant Compulsory Basic Training - what you have when going for your full motorcycle licence. I am of course referring to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

To my mate though, it meant something else, and I wondered why he burst out laughing when I told him, because I certainly didn't see the funny side... turns out it also stands for Cock and Ball Torture :shock: He then proceeded to tell me of a photo he'd seen which involved someone's ballbag being nailed to a plank - he didn't tell me what they'd done to the guy's Hampton...
spoonman liked this
Boiler wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:52 pm
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:01 pm

No, no, no. Because now you've reminded me of something a mate of mine told me. Few years ago I was having CBT. To my next door neighbour, it meant Compulsory Basic Training - what you have when going for your full motorcycle licence. I am of course referring to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

To my mate though, it meant something else, and I wondered why he burst out laughing when I told him, because I certainly didn't see the funny side... turns out it also stands for Cock and Ball Torture :shock: He then proceeded to tell me of a photo he'd seen which involved someone's ballbag being nailed to a plank - he didn't tell me what they'd done to the guy's Hampton...
A screening of La Maîtraisse with Gérard Depardieu and Bulle Ogier at the Screen On The Green in 1978 put me off that for life. Sort of.
One of Dara O'Briain's stand-up shows covers the mix up in the NCT.

In the UK, the NCT classes are the classes parents to be attend prior to the birth of a child. While in Ireland, the NCT is the equivalent of the MOT. Apparently he forgot this and mentioned in Dublin about taking his pregnant wife for an NCT class, which was met with much mirth.
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:24 pm

A screening of La Maîtraisse with Gérard Depardieu and Bulle Ogier at the Screen On The Green in 1978 put me off that for life. Sort of.
Available on the BFI Player...
bluebellnutter wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm
One of Dara O'Briain's stand-up shows covers the mix up in the NCT.

In the UK, the NCT classes are the classes parents to be attend prior to the birth of a child. While in Ireland, the NCT is the equivalent of the MOT. Apparently he forgot this and mentioned in Dublin about taking his pregnant wife for an NCT class, which was met with much mirth.
Not the only one.
Up north here and across the water, HSE means the Health and Safety Executive. In the Republic however it is the Health Service Executive, the public health body similar to the NHS.

Also to add, it reminds me when I was younger and read on music pages on Teletext about RHCP. Given my radio interests I often first thought they were on about Right Hand Circular Polarity before taking another 2-3 seconds to realise they mean the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Finally to blow my own horn, another forum I was on a few years ago had this one pimping the English Defence League and was boasting about their membership numbers. I retorted "The only reason the EDL have those numbers is because at least 90% of them signed up thinking they were going to get cheaper electric and gas bills."
Boiler liked this

Surely not? Is this "Fake Noos"? https:[…]

Aaron Bastani

Next time I pop into Waterstones I might want to t[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Summing the past three years up in a single tweet.[…]

David Cameron

Whilst the original Guardian editorial was rather […]