•  
  •  
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 am
Boiler wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:08 am
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:49 am
Had a really close look at how councils cope with the homeless. It's a mess, and has been for years. No profit in it. Major factor in quitting my job. Total overhaul of system way overdue. If you want to see my scare Paddington shitless death stare, just mention 'affordable housing' within earshot. Nice one, Thatcher.
These days I thought "affordable housing" = "cheap new properties for BTL landlords to cash purchase".
Boiler old chum, you forgot to mention: priced just above what us ordinary locals can afford.
Trudat. I'm left wondering how anyone can afford a house these days, the prices even round here are outrageous but I do know Bedfordshire is particularly expensive.
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:49 am
I wasn't talking about the normal house prices, I was referring to the much-trumpeted "affordable" ones.
Oh, I'm fully aware of that, Cyclist old chum. Even "affordable housing" doesn't seem affordable to my eyes.
Coronavirus: Inverness mosque donates food made for Ramadan to homeless

Ramadan has begun but Scotland's Muslim communities are marking the holy month at home due to the coronavirus lockdown.

Services are being made available by mosques across the country.

And a mosque in Inverness is also donating the food it would normally make for worshippers to the homeless and others who need it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-52401237
Giving food to people who need it? How very dare they! Say the people who bang on about this being a Christian country while making sure they have more than enough of everything for themselves, leaving only the top-priced items on the supermarket shelves* (or even just empty shelves) so those without much money can't afford to buy food (if any food is available to buy).

Was it the Gospel according to Mark where Jesus endorsed the "Fuck you, Jack. I'm alright" attitude. I can't remember now.

*Smug, well-off middle-class shoppers at the Torytown Morrisons, I'm looking at you. Bastards!
Cyclist wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:59 am
Coronavirus: Inverness mosque donates food made for Ramadan to homeless

Ramadan has begun but Scotland's Muslim communities are marking the holy month at home due to the coronavirus lockdown.

Services are being made available by mosques across the country.

And a mosque in Inverness is also donating the food it would normally make for worshippers to the homeless and others who need it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-52401237
Giving food to people who need it? How very dare they! Say the people who bang on about this being a Christian country while making sure they have more than enough of everything for themselves, leaving only the top-priced items on the supermarket shelves* (or even just empty shelves) so those without much money can't afford to buy food (if any food is available to buy).

Was it the Gospel according to Mark where Jesus endorsed the "Fuck you, Jack. I'm alright" attitude. I can't remember now.

*Smug, well-off middle-class shoppers at the Torytown Morrisons, I'm looking at you. Bastards!
When Mrs. B. was in hospital in 2008 after her first stint with septicaemia and kidney failure (which she recovered from) it was interesting to note it was the Muslim families that offered prayers for her at home and at Friday prayers. Didn't see no 'Christian' families doing that: only the hospital chaplain.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52414814
The Duchess of Sussex's allegations that articles in the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline caused a dispute between her and her father are "objectionable", the High Court has heard.
Catkins wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:11 am
Yes there are still posters who consider visiting your Mum (though several spell it Mom) a bigger sin then falsifying a picture in a newspaper.

Thy love Big Brother.
Bones McCoy wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:33 pm
Catkins wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:11 am
Yes there are still posters who consider visiting your Mum (though several spell it Mom) a bigger sin then falsifying a picture in a newspaper.

Thy love Big Brother.
It was only recently I realised 'Mom' was a Black Country / West Midlands thing.
At the start of lockdown the Mail were very critical of Derbyshire police force when they tried to stop people going out into the peak district.

This what the police were trying to avoid.

Tragedy as climber dies after ‘sizable fall’ in Peak District

https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/ ... ct-2858796
“The team deployed 18 personnel plus three vehicles and, working alongside EMAS doctors, ambulance crews and police, rapidly located the individual at the bottom of the crags above the A623.

“Tragically and despite the best efforts of all the agencies involved the climber had sustained fatal injuries from a sizable fall.

Thursday, 21 May 2020
Press Heading For Early Oblivion
https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/0 ... ivion.html

I'm all for the inevitable decline and fall, but wary of who or what is going to move into the vacuum.
Andrea Leadsom

Fair point well made, both

Meanwhile in America

Bearing in mind that the U.S. police seem to be on[…]

Piers Morgan

They had to replace Jeremy Kyle with something. BI[…]

Boris Johnson

So, if de Piffle has to self-isolate, does that me[…]