:sunglasses: 33.3 % :grinning: 66.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Oblivious reporter is tricked into saying a 'flux capacitator' is the reason a plane was forced to crash land
Those who live in glass houses should not throw flux capacitators.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -land.html

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Fabricator? I should cocoa.

From one of the comments:
I know its not the done thing to fall on the side of the council. However, we dont have the full story on the DM article (as usual). The road has had yellow lines for years. It was being resurfaced and lines repainted. Signage was up well in advance. He parked the car mid works after the resurfacing but before the line painting.

By Samanfur
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:38 pm
If you pronounce 'MRD' in French, it means 'shitty'*

*As Ron Tauranac found when he called the first Brabham F3 car the MRD1 (Motor Racing Developments)
My Dad worked for a company that at one stage attempted to rebrand as JPT. They found the French translation out the hard way.
Samanfur wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:40 am
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:38 pm
If you pronounce 'MRD' in French, it means 'shitty'*

*As Ron Tauranac found when he called the first Brabham F3 car the MRD1 (Motor Racing Developments)
My Dad worked for a company that at one stage attempted to rebrand as JPT. They found the French translation out the hard way.
If you search the members here you will find Monsieur Le Petomaine. C'est moi! Years ago when the French internet broke and I couldn't sign in as me.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
I know their caption writers aren't famed for their intelligence but what the fuck were they thinking with this?

From singing pensioners and seagull attacks to days at the beach and a night on the town: Amazing photos capture the quirkiness of everyday British life
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ecade.html

A prankster wears a costume on his head resembling a cash machine as a woman uses the real thing beside him in Peterborough

And of course there's the usual veiled racism in the comments section, as expected with any sort of pictorial article of Britain.
By Andy McDandy
It's part of a trend in journalism to spell out in the hook line all the pertinent information. The theory being that there's so much content out there that the average viewer or reader will skip over if there's any ambiguity or necessity to read deeper or think.

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Front page so no link available.
Meghan's personal assistant has quit suddenly, just six months after the American actress married into the Royal Family. Is Zoe Ball trying to avoid tax by being paid through a new company?

By Big Arnold
Membership Days Posts
Why 536 AD was the worst year to be alive: Scientists say a mysterious fog that blocked out the sun causing crop failures and widespread famine was the worst global disaster in history

The international devastation triggered by the unidentified fog gave rise to the moniker 'The Dark Ages' which has been used to refer to this ominous time.
I imagine the author thinks that Africa gets very little sunlight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... alive.html
Euro Elections 2019

To paraphrase David Mitchell: He didn't fight th[…]

The Tories, Generally

Largely gone unnoticed today but the post-Loathsom[…]

Trustworthy man of government and likeable every p[…]

Theresa May

It's not a fucking party game*, or a Paul Daniels […]